Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hubley 1/24 1961 Ford Country Sedan restoration

rsmodels

This was another one I bought on Ebay to restore. It was a built model. As usual I stripped it and made some repairs. I used Monogram 1/24 tires from the 58 T-bird and Modelhaus  hubcaps as Hubley re-used the 60 Ford hubcaps for their 61 Fords and the Hubley tires look too small to me.  I had to cut the outer edges out of the T-bird rims and fit the rings  into the tires so the Modelhaus hubcaps would fit . I had original bumpers and fender ornaments.

I was working on and finished 3 wagons at about the same time so you can see the other two in a few photos. I'll post photos of them at another time if there is any interest.

As always, thanks for taking the time to look.  -Rich

DCFC0002.JPG

DCFC0003.JPG

DCFC0007.JPG

DCFC0017.JPG

DCFC0019.JPG

DCFC0069.JPG

DCFC0070 (2).JPG

DCFC0011 (2).JPG

DCFC0011 (3).JPG

DCFC0014 (2).JPG

DCFC0015.JPG

DCFC0016 (2).JPG

DCFC0018.JPG

DCFC0020 (2).JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Maindrian Pace said:

Beautiful job. I restored and hot rodded a Hubley '62 wagon years ago, used a set of Country Squire decals put out by a guy/company called Redbear Decals. Not sure if they still exist.

That must have looked neat! I have a couple of the 62's.

Once again I want to thank you all for the good comments. I'll keep posting while I have time.

Rich

1 hour ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Great job! Another source for '61 Ford wheelcovers in 1/24 scale is the original issue Monogram '55 Chevy - they were for the custom version and fit the tires just fine.

Chris, thanks for your comment and the tip.