Model Cars Magazine Forum

May 2022 Round 2 video

Mr mopar

• Mr mopar changed the title to May 2022 Round 2 video

I want a Rat Fink on Coke Pacer. 
People should figure out we’re not target market for Coke branded kits. But if it didn’t sell, they wouldn’t make it. Usually. 
Makes sense they bought that stuff from Revell. Maybe a Batfink issue. (CarToons ref)

2 hours ago, Bill Eh? said:

Car model section starts at about 21:25.

Thanks Bill, that was helpful.

I think I want to take another crack at that Batmobile. Though It's not even close to a favorite, I built one years ago as a gift for a family member, who loved it. It went together very well. I've since come up with some ideas for ways to improve it and make it a proper Batmobile in my eyes.

Me bank account is in for a ride! 
Thank god the 1976 Caprice/trailer is available again (kept missing out on that one).
The D50 is also coming home with me; Coca~Cola embellishments are fine in me book. 

Some day me newspaper route will afford me the financial opportunity to purchase the International C3PO (or what-ever it's called) Tractor.

• Haha 2

I think Round 2 is successfully hitting several different genres/builder's interests this month. The kits we know they are developing promise to satisfy some different consumer interests also. This tells me they are trying hard to navigate the current rough business environment with foresight and respect for us, their customers.

There are comments about the cost of kits, and the value of those kits at current costs, but the factors affecting costs are beyond the manufacturer's control. (I do not know about their business practices, maybe there are problems there for small retailets.)

I am also disappointed I cannot purchase as many kits as I could in the past, but I will buy what I can, and hope that maybe, just maybe, things will improve and prices will come down.

I empathize with the brick and mortar, and small retailers, who are really suffering with the reduced sales caused by higher prices. I just wish there was still one around my area to support. 

18 hours ago, iBorg said:

I wish they had brought out the original Ramcharger Challenger. This is the Soapy Sales car. The original was the chassis under the Candies and Hughes/Stardust Cudas. Two of the first kits I built.

The original version was all wrong; it had the Logghe chassis which the Ramchargers never used.  Their Darts had chassis built in-house, the Challengers had the narrow "digger" style chassis.  The original kit had a stock body, essentially a promo model body.  Thumb through a stack of period CAR MODEL magazines and you'll find builders back then griping about how wrong everything was.  Now, of course, most everyone would love to see a stock '71 Challenger body!