Model Cars Magazine Forum

Return of the 1/25 MPC '68 Coronet/Super Bee RT Convertible...

I have an enquiry for @SteveG: Would it possible to add a correct, 1967 & later brake master cylinder to the pending (?) hardtop version ? 

I'm going to attempt to whittle one out of the kit's sprue (the brake vacuum booster is fine), but it'd be nice to have a correct one in the kit.

Thank You. 

1 hour ago, 1972coronet said:

I have an enquiry for @SteveG: Would it possible to add a correct, 1967 & later brake master cylinder to the pending (?) hardtop version ? 

I'm going to attempt to whittle one out of the kit's sprue (the brake vacuum booster is fine), but it'd be nice to have a correct one in the kit.

Thank You. 

I 'd say post some good pics of it and who knows......

Anyway....here a shameless plug to a tread where I'm asking the many knowledgeable folks here, to pro-active aid kit designers even before "they" think of cloning, improving and pinpointing certain vintage annual subject matter ;)

Cheers

Edited by Luc Janssens
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Thank You. 

The tooling for the next version is already completed so there won't be any additional parts added at this point.  If I get a chance to do further versions, we'll see.  Look for a preview of version 2 this fall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, SteveG said:

The tooling for the next version is already completed so there won't be any additional parts added at this point.  If I get a chance to do further versions, we'll see.  Look for a preview of version 2 this fall. 

Thank you kindly for your prompt response, sir. I'm quite looking forward to the hardtop version ! 

Keep up the great work 🙂 

1 hour ago, SteveG said:

This fall ??,, Where's the instant gratification in that?? 😉

Seriously though, It's great to have some of these "unobtainiam" kits back on the shelves again. This is making me want to buy more new kit then I have in years.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2023 at 11:15 AM, stavanzer said:

Charlie. Discount Tire now owns the Fisk Name, and Trade Dress. I had a set on my Pickup about 2005.

It might be worth digging up more info on them. They could be used on Pre WW2 AMT/Mpc Kits, any way.

Thanks for the update, last I knew, Goodyear had it. Must have sold it off.

The original Fisk was headquartered in Chicopee, Mass., about an hour southwest of me, specifically Chicopee Falls. '

I also further stand corrected; it was U.S. Royal (now Uniroyal, now owned by Michelin) that bought the assets. Makes sense, as Uniroyal had a big plant in WMass for years, and that was probably it.

Michelin, from what I've been told, is absolutely nightmarish to deal with for licensing, but, again, this might not be as bad based on the low profile name.

Neat, quick read. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisk_Rubber_Company

Charlie Larkin

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Merkur XR4Ti said:

LOL I think I bought one of them from you.

EDIT: Yup, I sure did. Seller in Dracut.

You are going to love it!  I think it arrives tomorrow.  And you got the cheap local shipping...

Just received my 2 68 Coronet convertible kits today.  Very happy this came out.  Long time coming.  Overall, very happy with the kit.  A while back someone mentioned in this thread that there are a couple parts in the kit that are for the 69 MPC Coronet kit.  My guess is they are the two red and two clear police car rotating light lenses.  Did I miss any other parts that hint a 69 Coronet?  One of the building options for the MPC 69 Coronet kit was a police car.

10 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

It does not fit , I have one and tried it already ,it will need some trimming to make fit !

Think these Round-2 kits could be a goldmine for a guy like Joseph Osborn of Fireball models (creating dress-up and greasy parts) and maybe even some collaboration between both.

Edited by Luc Janssens
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I slept on this kit until yesterday. It's a convertible, a muscle car, and a Chrysler product. Three things that normally don't grab me. Any combination of two sure, but not all three in one subject. 🤣 But I'm definitely getting a hardtop version whenever that materialized, as long as it still includes that trailer. 

Anyway, I bought one just for the trailer. But the kit itself has got me thinking. I've been searching around online (with no luck so far) for a four door sedan body. Have it be a police car, or leave the R/T badging and do a what if '60s performance sedan.

Got my 68 hardtop kits today.  I tried fitting the chassis and interior tub from the new kit into an original MPC 68 Coronet body and it fits pretty good.  Someone here mentioned that the front windshield does not fit in the original body.  I tried fitting the windshield and it does fit .  However the vent windows don't meet with the vent window frames.  There is a about 1/16th inch space between the new windshield vent windows and the old body vent window frame.  Looks like two options that can work;  heat up the vent windows on the new part and bend them out a little or cut the vent windows from the new glass and glue them onto the vent window frames on the old body.  Not a big problem, I think it's a pretty minor.  I'll give more updates on other new parts that can be used on the old bodies.

16 hours ago, Chuck Most said:

I slept on this kit until yesterday. It's a convertible, a muscle car, and a Chrysler product. Three things that normally don't grab me. Any combination of two sure, but not all three in one subject. 🤣 But I'm definitely getting a hardtop version whenever that materialized, as long as it still includes that trailer. 

Anyway, I bought one just for the trailer. But the kit itself has got me thinking. I've been searching around online (with no luck so far) for a four door sedan body. Have it be a police car, or leave the R/T badging and do a what if '60s performance sedan.

Chuck,

Your love of subjects with a load beds would point me towards recommending a Aussie phantom UTE build. I am not talking about an El Camino type build which typically has flowing stylish lines. Chrysler UTEs typically have a chopped off roof look as they were meant to work. I know There were never Aussie built B-bodies so this would be a phantom.

Bonus points if you use the Aussie only (non-slant) straight six.

• Like 1