Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nichelle Nichols, Star Trek's Lt. Ohura: Dec. 28, 1932-July 30, 2022

• Ace-Garageguy changed the title to Nichelle Nichols, Star Trek's Lt. Ohura: Dec. 28, 1932-July 30, 2022
41 minutes ago, peteski said:

Old news. This obit has been already covered Since Sunday.

OK. So sue me.

I usually don't keep up with celeb deaths, neither read nor post obits, especially about sports figures, so I missed it.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO

5 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Point made, and yet they continue to read stuff they ain't interested in 😳

And I will again, for the umpteenth time have to reply with: I HAVE NO PROBLEM SKIPPING THE CONTENTS OF THE OBIT POSTS, BUT I CAN'T NOT-SEE THE CONTINUOUSLY APPEARING "DEARLY DEPARTED" SUBJECT LINES IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUM. KAPISH?

20 hours ago, peteski said:

And I will again, for the umpteenth time have to reply with: I HAVE NO PROBLEM SKIPPING THE CONTENTS OF THE OBIT POSTS, BUT I CAN'T NOT-SEE THE CONTINUOUSLY APPEARING "DEARLY DEPARTED" SUBJECT LINES IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUM. KAPISH?

Wah.

Then just skip the entire section.

Some of us don't mind seeing these posts, they are sort of a milestone.  We're getting to where there are one or two (or no) actors still living from a TV show we watched back in the day, or one or two (or no) still living members of some band we followed back then...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mark said:

Then just skip the entire section.

Some of us don't mind seeing these posts, they are sort of a milestone.  We're getting to where there are one or two (or no) actors still living from a TV show we watched back in the day, or one or two (or no) still living members of some band we followed back then...

Ok, what a wonderful  advice.  Thank you *SO* much. 👍  The problem is that I enjoy participating in this section - just kill all the death notices.

I agree. There are things that care to see that are in off topic and don't think I should have to ignore the section becuase of few people that have a morbid fascination with celebrity obits. Plenty of coverage in mainstream media if one is interested. I fail to see how it enhances the website in any way.

7 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

I agree. There are things that care to see that are in off topic and don't think I should have to ignore the section becuase of few people that have a morbid fascination with celebrity obits. Plenty of coverage in mainstream media if one is interested. I fail to see how it enhances the website in any way.

So it should be renamed Only Off Topics That (fill in the blank) Likes?

On 8/5/2022 at 7:28 PM, peteski said:

It’s CAPISCE! Not KAPISH. You’re not Italian. LOL!

Edited by BlackSheep214

I had no idea it's so incredibly difficult to just scroll on by items an individual has no interest in, and so offensive to even see subject lines that one has no interest in.

I've often wondered what's the obsession with celeb deaths myself, but have refrained from voicing same 'cause if some folks care, I believe it's their right under the forum rules to post their sadness or remembrances.

And frankly, I would like to post WHY I chose to remember Ms. Nichols, but I'm pretty sure that no matter how I phrased it, I'd offend somebody's delicate sense of political-correctness.

Interesting, also, that the Olivia Newton-John thread hasn't generated any ire.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
CLARITY and a typo