Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Mustang Mach E

On 10/7/2022 at 10:25 AM, Jon Haigwood said:

On the news they showed a new car by Citroen. It is electric and made from recycled cardboard. Is just me or is making a electric car from cardboard  a bit sketchy when all the car fires from the batteries ? Sounds like the whole car is a crush zone.

The rain will take care of that crush zone….🤪

On 9/26/2022 at 6:37 PM, iamsuperdan said:

I'd buy one in 1:24 scale for sure.

And we're considering one in 1:1 scale to replace wifey's Volvo.

They're fun to drive, lots of room inside for people and for stuff. Will do everything the average driver needs a car to do. Should have just called it a Mach E and left the Mustang name off it.

Looking forward to the Shelby version that will inevitably happen.

Shelby-MachEConcept-datasheet.jpg

Cue the angry people now.

You mean like this one????....

20220821_104655.jpg

20220821_104609.jpg

20220821_104709.jpg

Don't mind the EV cars as much as I hate the self driving craziness...Seems more like the marketing departments are telling us what we should have no matter how stupid or dangerous. I can imagine those cars trying to deal with Edmonton streets in January when it's -40C and you have to consider braking half a block from the intersection..... I say if you don't want to drive take a bus.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2022 at 3:45 AM, DanL said:

Seems more like the marketing departments are telling us what we should have no matter how stupid or dangerous. 

From what I understand, that's why everyone is driving pickups and SUVs. Apparently the profit margin is greater on those types of vehicles than on cars so they just stopped making regular cars and convinced us that we all want and need SUVs and trucks. 

Started in 80’s with tax break on deductions for vehicles with GVW over maybe 5500-6000#. So lots of people bought trucks, SUVs, big stuff to take advantage. Caddy, Lincoln,Lexus, etc all made luxury SUVs, and trucks got fancy. That became status symbol, so lots of people wanted them. Then, people wanted to “feel superior” on roads, so more sales. 
Bigger profit, but market drove it.