Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black Widow Barn Find

Pierre Rivard

These are fresh photos of a build from about 3 years ago but never presented on this forum. A bit of a fantasy build of finding one of the 57 Chevy Black Widow race cars in a barn. Both the car and pick-up are mostly OOB builds with the focus kept to experimenting with paint finishes. This was all done with brushes & small sponges using mostly Vallejo paints, washes and weathering products.

The car is presented as found after decades in a barn. I wanted the truck to appear well maintained but with a bit of patina.

Thank you for looking

Barn 1.jpg

Barn 2.jpg

Barn 3.jpg

Barn 4.jpg

Barn 5.jpg

Barn 6.jpg

Barn 7.jpg

Barn 8.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Dan Hay said:

That’s killer! I really need to learn how to do weathering.

Thank you Dan. Lot's of great info on the net about weathering techniques. Unfortunately most of them I can't use because I don't have an airbrush or the possibility of spraying (condo living). Considering I can only use brushes I'm happy with the results.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pierre Rivard said:

Thank you Dan. Lot's of great info on the net about weathering techniques. Unfortunately most of them I can't use because I don't have an airbrush or the possibility of spraying (condo living). Considering I can only use brushes I'm happy with the results.

That’s even more impressive knowing you only use brushes! Amazing!