Model Cars Magazine Forum

Somebody Missed the Road

tiking

I decided to have another go at a winter scene. The scene is based on a real scenario but different truck. The icicles were made by holding clear sprues over a candle, and slowly pulling the two halves away from each other. The frost was made using Green Stuff Frost solution. Two methods you can use;

1. The cheapest, which is to mix salt in warm water with a drop or two of detergent; and pour it into a spray bottle and spray it on. It takes about 10-20 minutes to crystallize.

2. you can buy frost solution by Green Stuff. The icicles were made by holding clear spruce over a candle and pulling slowly until you achieve the desired length. Then it is just a matter of cutting the ends to the desire lengths.The snow was made  by my usual standards as before, on the other DHL truck scene I did many months before.

snow_trap-vi.jpg
snow_trap1a-vi.jpg
snow_trap1c-vi.jpg
snow_trap2-vi.jpg
snow_trap4-vi.jpg
snow_trap5-vi.jpg
snow_trap6-vi.jpg
snow_trap7-vi.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Wow. That's fantastic.

Cold Emoji | Emoji drawings, Ios emoji, Cute emoji wallpaper

Thank you kindly. Glad you approve. :)

4 minutes ago, Tcoat said:

I hope the driver got out OK.

This is the most convincing model I have ever seen!

He did. The truck pretty slowly and that part was not that deep for the  entire truck to go under. ;)

I like the ice effect on the windscreen of this truck Charles . . . I see from the registration number plate that this Scania is a UK vehicle.

You have some interesting techniques for icicles and frost effects. This is quite an unusual idea . . . I like it  !

Would this be the Italeri 1:24 scale kit that you have used?

David

2 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

I like the ice effect on the windscreen of this truck Charles . . . I see from the registration number plate that this Scania is a UK vehicle.

You have some interesting techniques for icicles and frost effects. This is quite an unusual idea . . . I like it  !

Would this be the Italeri 1:24 scale kit that you have used?

David

Hi David. The truck has a Swedish registration number plate. It is a Italeri 142H kit.

1 hour ago, espo said:

Very realistic looking, hard to tell if it's a model or the real thing. 

Thanks Espo.

• 2 weeks later...