Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another 48 coupe converted to a pickup.

20230208_110643.thumb.jpg.75ccbf8fb24be5d893307d505aa9ab58.jpgFront fenders and hood from Testers 48 coupe. Revell 50 Ford pickup body stretched a few inches until the big back window from the Foose fd100 fit. Foose fd100 frame and Roush motor will be used. Probably doing steel wheels with Ford dog dish hubcaps.  Probably will be House of Colors tangerine.  

I would be honored to see some of you follow along.

20230208_110706.jpg

20230208_110603.jpg

20230208_110246.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Nice clean looking rig, and great work on that 4-link rear.🙂 How did you make the connection on the tee fittings? Is that just super glue? Thanks.

Thanks for your comments. I stuck a pin into the stainless tube so about .75 mm stuck out. I drilled a hole in the side of the aluminum tube and inserted the end of the pin into the hole drilled in the aluminum tube. I used lok tite liquid super glue to hold it together.

On 2/19/2023 at 10:50 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Great work on the 4-Link Ron.  Your solution for the rod ends is excellent and the pictures speak for themselves! 👌

Thanks for checking in Frances. As always, your comments and perspective are very much appreciated!!!

16 hours ago, Ian McLaren said:

I'm not much of a truck guy, but I like good design where ever it's found. The truck looks great, the color should work well on this body and your four link is excellent.  In fact I may borrow your technique if my RB Motion order does not get here soon.

I Ian. Thanks for your feedback. I consider having a master modeler like you consider using one of my techniques a great compliment!

23 hours ago, Dan Hay said:

A friend of mine Sid Drapal built one of these, using a 40-47 cab, 46-47 hood and the 48 passenger car grille, with a couple extra bars at the bottom to add height. 

273514436_338095271648526_7506238495927580753_n.jpg

Hey Dan. Thanks for sharing this pic.  Very cool truck. 

13 hours ago, charlie libby said:

Nice project,really nice work.i will keep up with one.very uniqueve

Hey Charlie.  Thanks for looking in and commenting. I took a look at your 32 salt flat car. WOW!!!  Very impressive.  The beading and engine/chassis detail are awesome.