Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1930 Packard Boattail Speedster

radiohd10

16 hours ago, jaymcminn said:

That is fantastic. The washes you used really bring out the detail in the wheels and trim. I particularly like the running boards and the trim strips for the side curtains. The engine bay and interior detail are clean and crisp and the paint is beautiful. Shooting your pics in the booth really catches the look of the shot you included of your 1:1 inspiration as well. 

Thanks! I’m still eyeing a few of of those Mercedes kits on eBay - will be using yours as inspiration!

16 hours ago, larman said:

Beautiful work! Great colors and paint details! The Monogram classic kits are great and you took this one to an extremely high level!

12 hours ago, Kah puts said:

I like your version more than the real thing, colour and photos are top drawer ☀️

11 hours ago, DanL said:

Very very nice build... excellent!

10 hours ago, Sidney Schwartz said:

1780815113_holycow.jpg.688e4799b19f259d3d806962d6492c32.jpg

2 hours ago, Pierre Rivard said:

Wow, your build captures the feel of the real car so well. Gives me incentive to get one of these old Monogram kits.

Well done sir!

2 hours ago, tim boyd said:

A fine, fine buildup of a little known but really well done Monogram Classics kits.  Ryan you certainly have the touch.....great job.   TIM 

2 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

2 hours ago, Street Rod said:

That turned out great! Paint looks smooth and all the detailing finishes it off just right. I have this kit in my stash, glad to see a finished build of it.

After I commented I looked at the pictures again and had to really look close to pick out the real car.  👍👍

thanks fellas! It’s a great kit - highly recommend grabbing one of you can. 

1 hour ago, 70 Sting said:

Excellent use of the ‘Realism’ filter in Photoshop. 😉  Your builds are top notch.👌

😂 thanks! 

59 minutes ago, ismaelg said:

Beautiful job! 

I'm sure Harry would have loved it! 

Thanks,
Ismael

10 minutes ago, Gustavo Reis said:

Very nice model. 

Thanks guys! 

What a beautiful model. Love those Packards, Cadillacs, Lincolns, Auburns, Cords and Dusenbergs of this era...

If it's too cold or wet outside, you could tune into a NY Rangers game as they look like legitimate contenders for the Stanley Cup this year.

16 minutes ago, Kenmojr said:

If it's too cold or wet outside, you could tune into a NY Rangers game as they look like legitimate contenders for the Stanley Cup this year.

Haha thanks - I’m a Boston sports fan but my friends loooove to constantly remind about them Rangers! (And mets, and giants, and yankees…smh) 

• Like 1

Paint, finish, assembly, details, everything about it looks perfect!

Even your photos are excellent. The match-up between the photos of the 1:1 and the finished model is spot-on. at first, I had a hard time seeing a difference  between the two photos.

David G.

On 2/25/2023 at 7:41 AM, KWT said:

Super clean... very nicely done..

On 2/25/2023 at 9:06 AM, bbowser said:

That is gorgeous!  The engine and interior detailing is outstanding and I think the wheels look fine.  Thanks for sharing.

On 2/25/2023 at 9:30 AM, NOBLNG said:

Very classy looking build of a very classy car!👍

5 hours ago, slusher said:

Impressive!

5 hours ago, David G. said:

Paint, finish, assembly, details, everything about it looks perfect!

Even your photos are excellent. The match-up between the photos of the 1:1 and the finished model is spot-on. at first, I had a hard time seeing a difference  between the two photos.

David G.

Thanks guys!!!

3 hours ago, Pierre Rivard said:

I had to take another look at your beautiful build. Can you share how you improved or refinished the chrome, it looks so good.

Thanks! Few things going on with the chrome. All the trim around the interior and the side floor panels are bare metal foil with tamiya black panel wash. The headlight brace is aluminum tubing that I polished out. The rear bumper is brushed on molotow (had to scratch build it since my kit was missing it). The rest is kit chrome that I sanded and misted with tamiya smoke (the secret sauce) and then touched up with molotow. Then I hit the parts that needed it (like the wheels) with tamiya black panel wash. Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2023 at 4:27 PM, ATHU said:

Looks fantastic. Superb job!!

On 3/3/2023 at 5:10 PM, kjohan said:

Beautiful

On 3/3/2023 at 5:40 PM, jdcar32 said:

Excellant excecution of an older tool, I can see the inspiration for the subject in your build. Very clean.

Thanks fellas 🤙🏽