Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Revell Aston Martin DB5 James Bond 007 "Goldfinger" kit announced

Stumbled incidentially upon this announcement on the Spot model website: it is listed for preorder now (€ 49,28) - planned release in January 2024.

Immediately looked upon the Revell AG site and found this: easy-click kit with 90 parts + Goldfinger movie poster - here is a link:

https://www.revell.de/produkte-revell/specials/james-bond-007/aston-martin-db5-james-bond-007-goldfinger.html

Edited by 1959scudetto
  • Like 1

Not before time a brand new JB DB5 kit was produced.   Anyone remember the original Airfix one from back in the 60's when Goldfinger was a current film?

There is a very comprehensive book published about a year ago devoted to the James Bond DB5. I have a copy and recommend it whole heartedly for anyone setting out to build the new Revell Kit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 3:18 PM, Bugatti Fan said:

Anyone remember the original Airfix one from back in the 60's when Goldfinger was a current film?

Never had it, but I did have the Aurora version, which sort of lives on today as the DB 4. 

The old Aurora DB4 is the only kit of that particular version, and the moulds I think may have gone to Monogram as was along with their Maserati tooling. The DB4 has virtually the same sort of body style as the DB5 but had standard round headlamps whereas the DB5 headlamps were set behind clear covers.

Airfix way back also released a DB6 kit in 1/24 th scale. Almost identical to the DB5 but for the boot having a turned up rear edge acting as an aerofoil.

I hope the new Revell Bond DB5 is a brand newly tooled kit and not a reissue of some other.

3 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

The old Aurora DB4 is the only kit of that particular version, and the moulds I think may have gone to Monogram as was along with their Maserati tooling. The DB4 has virtually the same sort of body style as the DB5 but had standard round headlamps whereas the DB5 headlamps were set behind clear covers.

Airfix way back also released a DB6 kit in 1/24 th scale. Almost identical to the DB5 but for the boot having a turned up rear edge acting as an aerofoil.

I hope the new Revell Bond DB5 is a brand newly tooled kit and not a reissue of some other.

The kit coming from Revell will be an Easy Click style

The small card with the CAD images seems to indicate that the "bullet proof" rear shield and the extending spinners will be part of the new tool DB5. 

Hopefully it will be done with optional parts along the lines of the Aoshima Knight Rider kits rather than as ugly as sin "functioning" parts that compromise any semblance of realism.  

Great, think I've got that Doyusha kit around here somewhere. Got the Airfix kit as well, wonder if I could get major money on greedbay before the Revell kit comes out. Niteow's pic also tells us there will be a Mustang (Diamonds are Forever) in 1/24 and I just bought the AMT in 1/25, touted to be a correct '71 for the first time in multiple decades. Sean didn't live long enough...

Doc

• 2 months later...

While I build a lot of Drag Cars...I must admit my other passion - 007 Stuff - is anxiously awaiting the new James Bond Aston Martin Revel kit. Some years back I got tired of just looking at the Airfix box in the collection and decided - models are there to be built. The finished product now sits in a place of prominence in my movie/TV collection. 

Bond DB5 1.jpg

• Like 9

The big problem with the Doyusha kit is that the sides are too flat. You can sand in a bit of a curved section but it’s still not right. If the Revell body is the right shape it’ll be a major improvement. A bit of work will give you a late DB4 or a DB4GT as well….

best,

M.

11 hours ago, 250 Testa Rossa said:

I currently own the Airfix kit and it's a bit of a basket case at the moment. Hopefully I can build it up right with parts from the Revell. I am curious to see how the new kit looks!

The DB5 coming from Revell will be an easy click kit

10 hours ago, bigryan18 said:

The DB5 coming from Revell will be an easy click kit

That doesn’t necessarily say much about the accuracy or detail of the parts. The Easy Click Porsche 356 in 1/16, the tractors in 1/24 or the eTron GT have all been very good kits that just happen to be engineered to snap together…

best,

M.

9 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

That doesn’t necessarily say much about the accuracy or detail of the parts. The Easy Click Porsche 356 in 1/16, the tractors in 1/24 or the eTron GT have all been very good kits that just happen to be engineered to snap together…

best,

M.

I was'nt saying it would'nt be a good kit and plan on buying it

• 2 weeks later...