Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vanishing Point Challenger

Gustavo Reis

Nice work 

I watched that movie once on tv in the mid 2000’s one of the cops in it had a 80’s Camaro done up as a cop car which I found interesting  which he switched to after his unmarked 68 charger patrol car was destroyed and it had melancholy ending with the main character’s wife dying due to complications after giving birth to their daughter

13 hours ago, michelle said:

Nice work 

I watched that movie once on tv in the mid 2000’s one of the cops in it had a 80’s Camaro done up as a cop car which I found interesting  which he switched to after his unmarked 68 charger patrol car was destroyed and it had melancholy ending with the main character’s wife dying due to complications after giving birth to their daughter

The original movie was from 1971 and they did a remake 1997... so it must have been the remake with Viggo Mortensen as Kowalski you watched.

Nice work Gustavo.

Edited by Force

Great looking Challenger. This appears to be the "before" version. 

I had the original movie on DVD and loaned it to a friend at work. He brought it back and said, "that's 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back."  Definitely a cult movie and an acquired taste. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/14/2023 at 1:44 PM, Classicgas said:

Well done. It's hard to get that roof lined up correctly. Yours is the best attempt I've seen.

My thoughts exactly. This has to be the best job I’ve seen of getting that roof right. I’ve passed over this kit many times over the years, thinking the roof was hopeless. You’ve shown otherwise.
Great job on replicating an iconic movie car. One of my favourites. Under hood detailing looks the biz. Overall, one freaking cool Challenger. Excellent work. 

On 4/14/2023 at 10:44 AM, Classicgas said:

Well done. It's hard to get that roof lined up correctly. Yours is the best attempt I've seen.

Agree 100%.  As another member said, I've passed up that kit so many times because I didn't know if I could make the top look realistic.  Obviously it can be done, and done well.  

Gustavo, if you have a free moment, could you give us the basics of what it took to pull this off?

Question for the group:  It looks like there are two smaller mufflers and two regular size mufflers on this exhaust system.  Assuming AMT got it right, whazzup with dat?  

• 9 months later...