Model Cars Magazine Forum

No talk about the Round2 1971 Dodge Demon ?

gtx6970

24 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

David...I was 100% a Mopar man until the 1975s came out.  The Cordoba was cool, but the Charger, Coronet, and so called "Fury: (B-Body) I thought were appalling.  I did think the Volare/Aspen were pretty good given the Fed's increasing involvement in the car business, but kept my E58 RR instead. 

When I graduated college in 1978 I interviewed with Chrysler, but they stopped hiring just after my interview.  Meanwhile, took a flyer at Ford (didn't expect much) and just a few weeks later I was working there.  That lasted for 35.5 years.   The 1979 Fox Mustang (5.0) and 1983 T-Bird were the first two Fords I really, really liked.  After that is was Ford all the way...

Thanks for the comments on my Duster and for clarifying on the Magnums.  And FWIW, if I had bought a Volare or Aspen, it would have had the Magnums....TB 

Thanks Tim

Just now, drodg said:

Thanks Tim

Btw I had a 1975 Roadrunner about ten years ago.  It was a survivor with 30,000 miles.  360 2bbl.  Nice driving car but not very good looking for sure and not fast! I bought it because it was cheap and when do you see them?  The 73 and 74 Roadrunners were so much better looking.  

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

I watched Wes's model corner video and he was saying the this run of MPC Demon kits are sold out at all distributors ,and Round 2 will do the next run in late spring 2024 !  

Well I ordered early with Model Roundup I hope mine is one of the pre-solds.   

3 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I watched Wes's model corner video and he was saying the this run of MPC Demon kits are sold out at all distributors ,and Round 2 will do the next run in late spring 2024 !  

I saw and heard that last night too.  Glad I did the preorder for the Demon.  Looking forward to this one.  He also mentioned that the Demon kits shipped out yesterday or shipping out today to the distributers.

• Like 1

Nice looking kit.  I thinking I am going to do a non scoop hood.  I don't mind a gloss side stripe but that hood stripe looks weird to me.  Not sure why they would do that. Another thought as I type this   I might have a decal set from a supplier years ago that has the flat black hood stripe.  Cannot remember who made stripes for Demons and Dusters maybe 10 years ago or more.   Anyhow pretty excited about that Demon 

So I looked in my box of decals last night and I have the Fred Cady decals plus The Last Detail Demon Duster decals so I will use some combo on this kit.  I wanted to let everyone know who wants a set of the Fred Cady decals there was one set on Ebay last night or yesterday.  That decal provides the flat hood stripes and the flat stripes.   

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

Sold out everywhere

I assume this is going to be another run ? 

As far as I've seen it hasn't actually arrived in-stock anywhere yet to be sold out. The most recent Round2 kits anyone has got in since the 1st of the year are the Omni-based Shelby Charger and the old IMC Dodge L700 w/Race Trailer.

1 minute ago, gtx6970 said:

Ive seen a few builds of them online.

Just figured it was out already. But dont see it listed anywhere. Just figured it was sold out already

Nah, not out just yet...I've seen one build but that was from a YouTube personality that got an advance copy.   Model Roundup has them for preorder..I have 3 preordered from them. 

9 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Nah, not out just yet...I've seen one build but that was from a YouTube personality that got an advance copy.   Model Roundup has them for preorder..I have 3 preordered from them. 

Ok, Thanks .

I feel better now

I want 2 maybe 3 of them myself

The distributers haven't received Demon and Ford truck kits yet.    That's why we haven't seen them yet.  Shipping holdup due to the holidays.   I hope Round 2 is looking into this.

The ones that are floating around YouTube are finalised , full-production kits, provided to - in these instances - @hpiguy , and the Autistic Modeler (not sure if Louie is a member here ?) - for them to review and build. 

Model Roundup still exhibits , as of today , 05-JAN-2024 at 0850 HRS. , a "mid-late January [2024]" availability .

10 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

The ones that are floating around YouTube are finalised , full-production kits, provided to - in these instances - @hpiguy , and the Autistic Modeler (not sure if Louie is a member here ?) - for them to review and build. 

Model Roundup still exhibits , as of today , 05-JAN-2024 at 0850 HRS. , a "mid-late January [2024]" availability .

Model Roundup has more detail in the footnotes also: 

12-27-23 Update: We understand the kits may have landed at Round2's West Coast Receiving and Distribution hub in Seattle. The kits have to clear customs and then ship to Distributors. The Distributors then ship to us and we ship to you. We estimate we should have these to ship in mid-late January.

Edited by Rob Hall
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Model Roundup has more detail in the footnotes also...about them being received in the country on 12/27 but still to get to distributors and them.

Yes, sir. I'd neglected to mention the footnotes - I skipped to the projected availability date. 

Thanks for sharing the additional info.

3 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

What I here is China wants to ship the Demon ,Ford trucks and Ford Funny car all at once ,so looks like the end of this month ?

As I understand, the shipment is here in the States, in a warehouse somewhere.

Edited by GMP440