Model Cars Magazine Forum

No talk about the Round2 1971 Dodge Demon ?

gtx6970

Thanks all. 

I just put 3 of them on pre0order via Hobbylink

I have an original I started years ago but broke the tail light bars on one side so it got shelved.  

I used to own a GB5 blue 1971 Demon 340 and want to build a replica of the car 

71Demon340.jpg

• Like 3

For those of you who are getting impatient to receive their Demon,

I believe there's certain "ancient rituals" you can preform that may conjure them up in a more timely fashion. 😈😁😉

Edited by Can-Con
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

For those of you who are getting impatient to receive their Demon,

I believe there's certain "ancient rituals" you can preform that may conjure them up in a more timely fashion. 😈😁😉

Receiving a Pentastar tattoo on your hindquarters?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

Thanks all. 

I just put 3 of them on pre0order via Hobbylink

I have an original I started years ago but broke the tail light bars on one side so it got shelved.  

I used to own a GB5 blue 1971 Demon 340 and want to build a replica of the car 

71Demon340.jpg

That looks really nice Bill, and just reinforces my thought to not use the hood stripes and spoiler "when I get mine".

27 minutes ago, Rodent said:

That looks really nice Bill, and just reinforces my thought to not use the hood stripes and spoiler "when I get mine".

IMO the hood stripes work if its a light color. White, yellow , butterscotch or maybe a light green,

On a darker color,,,not so much. I much prefer a body color hood . 

The wing I could live with,,,or without 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

U.S.A Walmart's only  , are Walmart's in Canada do not carry model kit !

I'll have to take a closer look then. I live in California, so , in theory, I should be able to find them on 'Mart's site. A cursory examination earlier today didn't exhibit the 1971 Demon 340 - that's why I was wondering if you saw them in person or on their site.

2 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

I'll have to take a closer look then. I live in California, so , in theory, I should be able to find them on 'Mart's site. A cursory examination earlier today didn't exhibit the 1971 Demon 340 - that's why I was wondering if you saw them in person or on their site.

I did a search too and nothing came up.  But here is a FB link showing someone that bought 6 at a Walmart.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=779907583946788&set=gm.2411440039063067&idorvanity=188601611346932

Edited by GMP440
  • Thanks 1

WM in my area have not carried model kits in over fifteen years, except for the temporary Christmas displays in the aisles.  Even then, not all stores; in fact this holiday season only one area store even had that.  

15 hours ago, GMP440 said:

Not all Walmarts  stock models.  I checked two stores yesterday but no models.  

8 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

U.S.A Walmart's only, are Walmart's in Canada do not carry model kit !

Where I am in Indiana, I have 3 different Walmarts within my regular work/home orbit.  I've only seen kits at one of them, and the last time was probably 2 years ago.

Seems like they sold quickly at the time, which is why I'm surprised I haven't seen them again.  I've pretty much given up trying to understand the reasoning.

Edited by Robberbaron

1 hour ago, 1972coronet said:

How in the devil did 'mart get the LM29H1 before anyone else ? 

Because they buy in such vast quantities, directly out of China, and have (since Covid) chartered their own fleet of container ships and actually gone through and had Wal*Mart specific container trailers built. They undoubtedly bought (via Round2) directly from the factory and shipped to themselves directly from China direct.

• Like 2