Model Cars Magazine Forum

No talk about the Round2 1971 Dodge Demon ?

gtx6970

The body definitely has some molding flaws in my sample that will take some work to address before primer. The line down the roof and trunk almost appear as a crack, but concerned about the paint showing it under tamiya primer..

16 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

Anyone have a new Demon started yet. Im about to and be nice to know of any pitfalls before hand 

There is someone who posted a finished one on underglass section and did a great job.  He gives a few pitfalls to look out for.  Overall I think an excellent kit.  I am starting it (hopefully) this week.  

• 1 month later...

Ok guy's of all the Demon kit I see built the one big glaring thing  is the Decals on the tail panel is big the surrounding is to thick should be trimmed down ,and the decals are to glossy .

1972DodgeDemon_02_700.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been building model kits for over 60 years now and I am building this 71 Demon kit at this time. I have waited for many years for this kit to be re~released. I owned both a 71 Dodge Demon 340 and a 71 Plymouth Duster in my dayzzz. I just finisher the AMT Duster kit as a replica of my Duster and it was a good kit and came out great. The MPC Demon kit is going well so far in the early stages. I have used other parts from other kits to build these kits as my real ones. I hope this Demon kit goes as well as the AMT Duster kit went. I do consider the AMT kit somewhat a slight bit better than the MPC kit though.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2024 at 2:06 PM, Rob Hall said:

My 3 from Model Roundup just came.  

IMG_2036.jpeg

How many days shipping did it take for you to get your Demon kit from Model Roundup?  Was it regular USPS or UPS that delivered?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, GMP440 said:

How many days shipping did it take for you to get your Demon kit from Model Roundup?  Was it regular USPS or UPS that delivered?  Thanks.

Pretty quick, within a week.  USPS.  I preorder and order from them all the time…

Picked up 4 of these at one of my local Walmart stores last week. Opened one today and started mocking it up. I’m loving it so far! Good crisp details and the decal sheet is great! 

IMG_1408.png

IMG_1409.png

4 hours ago, Rodent said:

I was on the "notify" list at Burbank's, and they did get some. I ultimately decided not to order one when I received the notification.

Smith Brothers in Northridge has ordered two for me around the time they were available from Round 2.  They said the kits are on backorder from the distributor.