Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post a pic of yourself!

53 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

On a nice day on our trip back from the west coast.

IMG_9748.jpeg

I was going to ask what year your NC Miata is and then saw the reflection in your glasses so I know it's probably a white Club edition 😎

Mine's an '06 w/114k, fantastic car after a few upgrades, I ditched the factory suspension w/in a month of buying it 10 years ago. Almost bought a new Club in '13 as they were heavily discounted. Probably should have, but at this point only an ND or Boxster/Cayman might replace it.

2 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Greg!

I can tell you were in a Miata... Cause we have one!

CT

Cool! They are great little cars.😎

2 hours ago, Zoom Zoom said:

I was going to ask what year your NC Miata is and then saw the reflection in your glasses so I know it's probably a white Club edition 😎

Mine's an '06 w/114k, fantastic car after a few upgrades, I ditched the factory suspension w/in a month of buying it 10 years ago. Almost bought a new Club in '13 as they were heavily discounted. Probably should have, but at this point only an ND or Boxster/Cayman might replace it.

Mine is a ‘13 GS that I bought new. I have just 47,601k on it now since I don’t drive it in the winters. The only things I have done are to replace the wiper stalk with an intermittent one, replace the tires with Pirelli P Zero 215/45’s, and last year I upgraded to the Moroso coolant tank. I took a new ND out for a drive last week and I still like mine better!🙂 This is heading east out of Osoyoos BC.

IMG_9724.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

Mine is a ‘13 GS that I bought new. I have just 47,601k on it now since I don’t drive it in the winters. The only things I have done are to replace the wiper stalk with an intermittent one, replace the tires with Pirelli P Zero 215/45’s, and last year I upgraded to the Moroso coolant tank. I took a new ND out for a drive last week and I still like mine better!🙂 This is heading east out of Osoyoos BC.

IMG_9724.jpeg

Sharp car!

20 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

IMG_9724.jpeg

Nice! That's basically the same spec as the US market Club Edition. Cloth interior, 6 speed (auto or manual) and suspension upgrades as well as limited-slip differential, essentially the best spec you can get on an NC generation. I have a friend locally with a 2013 white Club and he's put about 150k miles on it since buying new, other than basic maintenance he's had done all along from a Mazda technician friend all that it's really needed so far was a new starter. The most expensive part mine has needed was a new driver's side headlight unit, I opted for a fresh factory overflow tank. Fantastic cars! I've driven some ND's & really like them, especially the 2019 with the upgraded engine and the same suspension mods my NC has. Ergonomics better than my car (especially since 2019 the steering wheel adjusts for reach), definitely more power, definitely less space in the cabin.  Used Clubs with low miles are going for what I could have bought new 10 years ago.

My dad took this slide of my mom holding a snowball in July 1956, on Trail Ridge Road near the summit of Rocky Mountain National Park, in front of the lava cliffs:

179290453_momthesnowball.thumb.jpg.bdcb4bd1aa9d8b68b562df69dd8fe8d0.jpg

So I decided to re-create the pose when we went there last week, but I got the angle wrong. At least I remembered to stick my tongue out like Mom did:

782265468_image_16868865(1).thumb.JPG.9d20ad3b28e3a6c02877986537f2603a.JPG

Edited by ChrisBcritter
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...