Model Cars Magazine Forum

GSL Finale 2023

Hello All…..I wanted to post this last Monday but,I caught Covid at at the GSL Salt Lake City Model Car Contest/Convention Finale ……today is the first day I felt better to do anything ….I would like to share with you all my accomplishments that I was awarded at the show…..it is the most critically judged show on the planet….the best Model Builders from around the World come to this event every 2 years…..I believe GSL has been around for 30 years….and this one was there last show the Finale…..
Anyway I entered 11 models and took home 8 Awards…..there was 730 models that were Judged….I was very happy cause every model there was a winner …..the Judging must have been crazy……4 of the classes I entered had a couple of my models in the class and they all placed…..I have been going to GSL since 2011 which means I have attended 6 GSL shows…..and I’m Very Very proud to say that I have Won 72 awards in that 6 year run…..I will miss the show and the Staff and all the Great Modelers and Models…..I’m also  thankful to have been chosen and to participate in the “Lynx” project that was displayed at the show…..if you want to see some great pics from the show Just Google or YouTube GSL 2023 Model Car Contest Finale .
Thank you for looking.

IMG_4648.jpeg

IMG_4649.jpeg

IMG_4651.jpeg

IMG_4652.jpeg

IMG_4654.jpeg

IMG_4655.jpeg

IMG_4657.jpeg

IMG_4659.jpeg

IMG_4662.jpeg

IMG_4665.jpeg

IMG_4669.jpeg

• Like 3

Congratulations on all your success John...and nice hat! 😁

I saw a picture of a replica of the Paradise Road Rod-Riguez that someone build - it looked suspiciously like your building style - was that yours?  Would love to see some build pics of that one, if it WAS yours...

1 hour ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Hopefully you will return to posting wips I always enjoy watching your projects coming together.

AMEN!  Finished pics are cool, and I always enjoy seeing them - but seeing the work that went into them is always a real treat for me