Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg 1929 Mercedes Benz SSK 1/24 Scale.

Dragonhawk1066

I finished the Lindberg 1929 Mercedes Benz SSK a few days ago. It's painted in Apple Barrel Dark Granite Gray and Anita's Glossy Black. This one was a little out of my comfort zone of mainly 60's and 70's muscle cars and fought me every step of the way, but I managed to get it finished. I started working on this one while I was stalled on the 1969 Ford Torino Cobra and it didn't take too long to finish after that one was done. It's not my best work, but it will look just fine on my shelf when I finally get one. Thanks for looking!

1.JPEG

2a.JPG

4.JPEG

7a.JPG

8a.JPG

11a.JPG

13.JPEG

15a.JPG

17.JPEG

18.JPEG

19.JPEG

• Like 11

20 hours ago, bbowser said:

That's a beauty!  It was a muscle car in its day.

20 hours ago, Rattlecan Dan said:

Great car! Great build! Thanks for posting.

20 hours ago, cifenet said:

This is as sweet as it can be!  Nice job finishing this and I can see many detailed areas are properly addressed!

19 hours ago, bondo bill said:

she's a beauty

9 hours ago, Jim B said:

Great looking Mercedes. Well done.

6 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Beautiful.

5 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking paint work and clean body detailing. The interior looks good as does the engine. 

2 hours ago, Kah puts said:

That’s a bingo 🤓

Thanks guys!

18 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Got a couple of these, so it's good to see that it can look so nice! Well done.

Thanks! It was a lot more challenging than I expected. I also have the '31 Bugatti Royale that I planned on doing not long after this one, but after the fight it gave me I won't be subjecting myself to that kind of torture again anytime soon, lol.

1 hour ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Thanks! It was a lot more challenging than I expected. I also have the '31 Bugatti Royale that I planned on doing not long after this one, but after the fight it gave me I won't be subjecting myself to that kind of torture again anytime soon, lol.

I take it you made a trip to Ollie's a while back?! That's where I found mine. (Bugatti too)

21 hours ago, bisc63 said:

I take it you made a trip to Ollie's a while back?! That's where I found mine. (Bugatti too)

Yes, one of my very early introductions to Ollie's. I've only managed to score a handful of kits there over the years though.

• Like 1