Model Cars Magazine Forum

Likely a very long-term project..... Building a Coyote X

JollySipper

3 hours ago, dwc43 said:

The Coyote X uses BFG T/A's with white letters. Plenty of those out there.

Yep, sure is! That's what is in the kit..... They're just very undersized for this car. I know the BFGs have that distinctive tread, but I was thinking of whatever tires I use, I would get some of the decals for the BFGoodrich lettering....

8 minutes ago, Brandon Miller said:

Man this just makes that theme song come flooding back from when I was a kid. Drive!

It IS a cool car....... Funny thing, I haven't watched the show since I was a kid. It's probably more corny than the Duke boys now.....

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2023 at 12:47 PM, mrm said:

I can get you the tires, no problem. I am just wondering, why four? If you have the idea to use them at the front too, they would just not look right IMO. 

Has anyone heard anything from mrm lately? I was trading with him for the tires that I need..... haven't heard anything since Wednesday when I gave him his tracking. I hope he's alright............

Well, guys...... I guess Mozzi Mozzbourne here has shafted me on our one-sided trade. I sent him tracking last week and I have heard nothing since. What bites the most is I sent him the Beetle kit, so I don't have much in the way of trade fodder now.......

People....... :rolleyes:

I would not give up yet.  He has been a member here since 2011, and has 2,100 post count.  Last visited on July 5th.  I don't think he would shaft another member here for some model kit parts, then run.  Something probably happened to delay him.  It would be nice if he contacted you with an explanation, but maybe he can't?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JollySipper said:

Well, guys...... I guess Mozzi Mozzbourne here has shafted me on our one-sided trade. I sent him tracking last week and I have heard nothing since. What bites the most is I sent him the Beetle kit, so I don't have much in the way of trade fodder now.......

People....... :rolleyes:

Have you sent him a pm?

I have not shafted anyone. I had to drop everything and literally fly over over to Europe on a family emergency. I just got back this past weekend and first thing I did was to send the tires over. You should have them any day now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 10:18 AM, JollySipper said:

Now that I have the rolling stock figured out, the rest of the build can commence.......

Looking good.

I have finished my VW chassis, VW engine, interior, wheels and tires on my build. Now on to the body work.

Edited by magicmustang