Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beware of Cris@upscale hobbies

Hello my fellow Builders and ( model starters like me lol).I Recently about 4 mos. Ago searched out a good deal on the new Belkits Hyundai I20 Ralleye kit model .finding such at a place in Kentucky called Upscale Hobbies, I plunked down  what I thought was a good price .little did I know that I wouldn't be getting it,,,,,,,, why 4 mos???! The owner first sent my kit out via UPS from Kentucky to Rio Linda ( more on that) after having me wait two mos for " the other half of the order allegedly??.okay my shipping addy is in SACRAMENTO, AND IS A PO BOX IN SACRAMENTO.NOT RIO LINDA! Also everybody knows UPS doesn't ship to PO BOXES RIGHT? I GUESS CHRIS( Upscale Hobbies )DIDNT KNOW so how did my package get all the way from Kentucky to Rio Linda ????? When it should have gone to my PO BOX IN SACRAMENTO.turns out I had to file a missing package claim.iwill skip the drudgeryof that with you,,,,those that know ,,,,,,,, know.ok so upscale hobbies (Chris) has been notified by me the UPS has the claim but mysteriously#1 he had to go to a tournament#2 had his eyes dilated and cants see#3his wife whom by his admission " helps him with the business" doesn't help wl/ost packages?????? #4 his UPS customer claim # isn't working and,,,, UPS will call him next Monday or Tuesday,,,,,,???????? This guy is unbelievable???????it is Wednesday August 3 now and I still don't have my kit.please can anybody help me ,,, or share if you would? I have NEVER EVER SEEN THIS BEHAVIOR IN OUR GOOD HOBBY LIKE THIS  ,,,,,,,thank you so much for your time you guys and gals .and PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS GUY! SHAUN SWESEY ( superbike-shaun@live.com)

Shaun, I would give Chris another chance. He's a good guy to deal with. I have bought quite a bit of $$$ worth of models, paints and accessories from Chris. His prices and shipping are what I consider reasonable (especially free shipping for orders over $50) He's even gone out and found items I've asked for (messaged him and he replies pretty quickly) and added them to his webpage. I've always received my stuff pretty quickly (a few days). The only issue I have had was with USPS distribution center in Kentucky, my tracking # has disappeared twice at their facility. One time for 2 weeks time another for almost 5 weeks.(not Chris' fault). I will continue to buy from Chris in the future.

If you purchased the kit 4 months ago, then you bought it on pre-order.

Chris has a brick and mortar store in Southern Indiana just above Louisville, along with the mail order business and vending at shows. So it's not some fly by night operation. I can't speak to the shipping snafu as a PO Box should have been shook off by the UPS shipping software.

Can't say much about shipping.  Things have been good most of the time.  I just had USPS attempt to deliver a Hiroboy.com order to San Rafael California, about 600 miles away.  It is now on its way up North (I hope).  About 10 years ago I had an order from Japan just DISAPPEAR.  The vendor sent me a replacement order on their own dime.  8 months later, the original shipment JUST showed up.  I notified the vendor and paid him for it as well (I wound up with two orders, but wasn't their fault).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

If there are issues with vendors we need to be made aware. Too often we think we are the only ones with a problem. Besides if it had been only a few weeks that is one thing, four months is time for concern.

The four month thing was because it was a preorder and it was labeled as such. I had also preorded one myself.  The shipping thing was the weird part.

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2023 at 11:57 AM, bobthehobbyguy said:

If there are issues with vendors we need to be made aware. Too often we think we are the only ones with a problem. Besides if it had been only a few weeks that is one thing, four months is time for concern.

Uh… no it’s not a concern if it’s a PRE ORDER item….

I have purchased from upscale all the way back when it was online only and now shop his brick and morter store because it's local to me

Always been great service and  Chriss  is hands down the best hobby shop in the Louisville Ky area,beating two other Mom and pops and a chain store.

Waiting four months for a pre order is sometime how it goes in the model world

Shipping snafu's happen but  telling folks to beware of Upscale Hobbise is a bit overdramatic in my opinion

• Like 3

1 hour ago, superbike-shaun said:

Please be aware that I have spoken to Chris ( upscale hobbies) and are working to get the problems associated with my New Belkits Ralleye car Being lost squared away.anyone whom is interested  please shoot me a msg  I'll be happy to share thank you shaun

Good to know that the problem is being addressed by Upscale Hobbies. Shaun, since  your problem has been discussed openly in this thread since the beginning, why not post the info here?I guess we don't really need to get all the details of how things are being addressed, but once the problem is resolved, you could update this thread with some additional details as to what was the problem, the final results, and whether you are satisfied with the answers you got, and with the final resolution.

Edited by peteski
  • Like 2