Model Cars Magazine Forum

Steve Magnante

I have seen several posts on Facebook that Steve Magnante is experiencing some serious health issues and is in the hospital. Prayers that he is able to recover, he is a huge presence in our hobby and the car community and would be missed should he not be able to beat this illness.

Oh man,this news really sucks..I consider myself a HUGE fan of Steve Magnante..Both from watching Barrett Jackson,to his book,and his You tube videos.I always find myself mesmerized by his incredible knowledge of all things automotive.He is definitely in my prayers.And I just hope he can recover fully from this serious illness.☹️

17 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

I've had the pleasure of talking to him a few times and he is one of the most enthusiastic car guys I have ever met, and he is truly a walking car encyclopedia! 

Sending out the good vibes for a full recovery. 

I ran into him at the races, when he was working with Mopar. Really nice guy.

9 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

If he had the time, he was glad to talk cars with anyone, especially MOPAR! LOL! He was really jazzed when Skip Samples made decals for the Wilshire Shaker. 

From what I read,he has a brain infection,(encephalitis) and cannot speak at the moment..And yea,I almost forgot that he is a huge Mopar nut.That’s just one more reason why I like the guy.And his model show was great too..Plus if you haven’t read his books,do yourself a favor,and pick up a copy..Makes for great bathroom reading🚽: )

IMG_6658.jpeg

IMG_6657.jpeg

IMG_6656.jpeg

IMG_6655.jpeg

IMG_6654.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

If he had the time, he was glad to talk cars with anyone, especially MOPAR! LOL! He was really jazzed when Skip Samples made decals for the Wilshire Shaker. 

I love that car! I have the 1/64th scale diecast (I don't remember if it's Hot Wheels or JL). A sheet of Skip's decals would be nice to have, now. You could do a nice version of it with the Moebius kit and a little work.

A must read... The Bad Seed Chevette with the Caddy 500 for power... I do happen to have a Chevette kit somewhere...

https://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/bangshift1320-drag-racing-feature/magnante-speaks-you-loved-or-you-hated-it-heres-the-true-story-of-the-bad-seed-chevette-epic/

Edited by bobss396

He gave a talk at the banquet prior to a MassCar show many years ago.  Playing the trivia contest I won a DVD of his detailing how to build full-sized altered wheelbase cars.  I've crossed paths with him at model shows here in Massachusetts and he was always a nice guy.  He lives in the middle of the state. 

It’s funny,whenever I watch Barrett Jackson auctions,Steve often mentions something about building car models,wether it was a Johan,Revell,Monogram,or an AMT kit,he just gets so excited about our great hobby.And is quite a talented builder.Again,best wishes to him,and hopefully he’ll make a full recovery.

Edited by NYLIBUD