Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can not leave "likes".

webestang

I had this problem for almost two weeks now. Not only the like button, but the Next button at the bottom of the page. It will not advance or return. I can post images and video links, but simple things like a Like or Advance don't work. 

I contacted Admin, but they can't seem to do anything about it. 

Frustration GIF on GIFER - by Dizahn

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/18/2023 at 4:01 PM, Terminator-Fox said:

In my case using Google chrome I couldn't advance pages or leave likes. On Microsoft Edge I can do all of that. Just saying.

Well here is another oddity, I use Chrome at work and home. It works fine at home, but not at work.  So now I need to talk to my IT guys and see what the deal is. 

I am unable to access Hot Wheels Collectors and I had them check it out, and turned out to be because they are linked to an unsafe vendor and our system blocks it. So I wonder if this forum is in the same dilemma

6 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

Well here is another oddity, I use Chrome at work and home. It works fine at home, but not at work.  So now I need to talk to my IT guys and see what the deal is. 

I am unable to access Hot Wheels Collectors and I had them check it out, and turned out to be because they are linked to an unsafe vendor and our system blocks it. So I wonder if this forum is in the same dilemma

Could be a work VPN, firewall rules or filtering... I know when I'm on my work computer many non-business related websites are inaccessible...pretty common. 

Dave is working on getting an update to the software ready to go. No guarantee that it will fix the problem.

I do get a chuckle with these reports though. It wasn't that long ago that everyone was complaining and didn't want us to implement this feature. Now everyone can't live without it.

We'll see what happens after the update.

For those that are wondering, it isn't as simple as hitting the "Update" button. Dave needs to backup the system, which is rather large and time consuming, needs to schedule an outage, needs to set aside a large chunk of his time to monitor the update (it isn't all automatic and requires input), and then he needs to troubleshoot after the update to fix minor settings issues. When that is all done, and the board is live again, he needs to be available to look into all of the complaints and bug reports you guys will be sending over the following weeks. Add to that, most updates force us to use something we don't want to or removes something that we like. Which always leads to the "Why did you do away with ?????, that is why I was coming here in the first place" or "OMG, I can't figure out how to do ????, I hate change and am never coming back here again" or something like that. That is why we hate updates, thanks for attending my TED talk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While I don't have this problem (viewing forum on Windows 7 and Seamonkey browser) I think that what others feel frustrating is that the problem is intermittent.  Sometimes it works for them, other times doesn't.

Problem is that the computer coding has become way too complex and unwieldy (to add more and more features which most people don't use or don't even know about, and of course continuous security fixes).  Quality Control of the software products seems to have became a thing of the past.  There is no way any company can thoroughly test their code to be sure everything works for all.  Sad state of affairs (but we have a  plethora features up the wazoo).

Edited by peteski

I've said this before; I appreciate the effort that goes into fixing problems and keeping this message board going. When I point out a problem I hope it isn't being viewed as a complaint. I'm just pointing it out so it can be fixed if possible. It has been comforting to know I'm not crazy and not the only one that has come across this.

Yes, it is annoying when it works fine and then all of a sudden it doesn't but there are worse problems in life so I just deal with it.

• 1 month later...