Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 next year

Mr mopar

• 5 months later...

II 
Really was hoting Moeibus was working there way to the next Ford Pickups in line-which would have been the 73-79, then the one I really want-the 80-86  version.  Instead I constantly see this cab offered-another reason I am thinking of going to printing my own 3D files.  

12 hours ago, iBorg said:

I guess my original 1960 Apache has just lost most of its value.

I'd presume it's a reissue of the one-time only Street Machine version of the 90s tool 1960 Fleetside. Don't believe this has ever been offered again after the 1999 release.

1960-chevrolet-c10-truck-street-machine.jpg.83165d36320dc2f2ce056f7e1b4f16f2.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

I'd presume it's a reissue of the one-time only Street Machine version of the 90s tool 1960 Fleetside. Don't believe this has ever been offered again after the 1999 release.

1960-chevrolet-c10-truck-street-machine.jpg.83165d36320dc2f2ce056f7e1b4f16f2.jpg

I think You are correct.

It is an odd mix of Custom Parts.

6 hours ago, Jordan White said:

I wonder what decals they are going to include in the 90s Ford? Also I wonder if the snafu with the Lightning tailgate was a hint that they were rereleasing this kit? 😆

I'm guessing name badges, tail gate trim, and interior dash instrument faces. I can see the decal page being fairly spartan since the Flareside option limits what the corresponding decal sheet might be, but I hope I'm wrong. 

13 hours ago, Jordan White said:

I wonder what decals they are going to include in the 90s Ford? Also I wonder if the snafu with the Lightning tailgate was a hint that they were rereleasing this kit? 😆

I believe that stems mostly from the fact that the last time the kit tooling had been run it was done as the Flareside and so when they loaded it up on the machine and pressed play it spit out exactly what was loaded into the inserts from the last time. The only difference in the short-bed accessory insert (between the Flareside & Lightning beds) is the width of the tail gate. Nobody in China would necessarily know one tail gate from another in an American Truck that was 30+ years old.

Edited by niteowl7710

16 hours ago, Jordan White said:

9 hours ago, av405 said:

I'm guessing name badges, tail gate trim, and interior dash instrument faces. I can see the decal page being fairly spartan since the Flareside option limits what the corresponding decal sheet might be, but I hope I'm wrong. 

This is the sheet from one of the earlier releases. This with the stuff Alberto mentions in his post would be a pretty complete sheet.

BTW, those stripes are for color separation of the factory 2-tone paint sceme.

image.png.07e6953798bb4ad5d6c2871550d6973f.png

image.png.72b31fce3f9c677e16b5ddf255c53972.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, av405 said:

Round2 could include some Nite decals as well. Would be accurate since they're marketing the truck as a 1992. 

1992-ford-f150-nite.webp.ef22f7f55968351d25155c545037e1f9.webp

That would be cool. 

BTW, Ray's kit decals has those. 

image.png.dec5af039b7c455b3923590bf710f72f.png

• Like 1