Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 next year

Mr mopar

Having noticed the pilot holes on the underside of the '21 Charger you can see the provisions for the police equipment to be mounted. Since these are so popular in my local jurisdiction, I'll have to do at least one in this style. 

• Like 3

This was a long time ago, but one local hobby shop owner once told me he could never get as many of those '64 Impala kits as he wanted.  He'd order twice as many as he really wanted, he'd still get half as many as he wanted.  He'd put those out, and they'd be sold in two or three days.  He knew some builders bought another one every year or two.

Another guy who sets up at local toy and train shows used to buy a lot of collections.  Pretty much every collection had at least one built Impala, as well as one of the Monogram flip-front '66 Chevelles.

15 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Probably.. I think the '64 always sells well, so they reissue it every few years in different box art..

They do so well Revell is bringing one out next year too. Not sure what the differences are between the two but I am sure there will be a lot of happy modelers.

Round 2 had a nice display at the Plastic Undercover event in Akron, Ohio today.  Lots of new and upcoming items on display.  The '60 & '63 Ford trucks look great, as does the '70 Mach Won, '71 Demon and '77 Warlock....

IMG_0864.jpeg

IMG_0865.jpeg

Edited by Rob Hall
  • Like 5

I'm kind of wondering if that Charger Pursuit parts has parts added to it to convert it to AWD because those are the AWD wheels it's got on it. CHP just started getting AWD Chargers in 2023, not 2021. It's more right than wrong I guess, but CHP has never used the Setina ram bar with integrated lights, they've have LEDs set up at 45° angles for about 15 years now (they go back to the Crown Vic Police Interceptor days)

2023-10-14_10-27-18.jpg.ea0a362aa12fac63bf5535fa7b8174e5.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Round 2 had a nice display at the Plastic Undercover event in Akron, Ohio today.  Lots of new and upcoming items on display.  The '60 & '63 Ford trucks look great, as does the '70 Mach Won, '71 Demon and '77 Warlock....

Do you have close up photos of the Charger Pursuit?

4 minutes ago, av405 said:

Do you have close up photos of the Charger Pursuit?

No.. it was crowded in there, didn't want to block the aisle too long.  It looked good.

Edit: I do have a closer pic of it.  Was focusing on the Warlock.  

IMG_0893.jpeg

Edited by Rob Hall
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

I'm kind of wondering if that Charger Pursuit parts has parts added to it to convert it to AWD because those are the AWD wheels it's got on it. CHP just started getting AWD Chargers in 2023, not 2021. It's more right than wrong I guess, but CHP has never used the Setina ram bar with integrated lights, they've have LEDs set up at 45° angles for about 15 years now (they go back to the Crown Vic Police Interceptor days)

2023-10-14_10-27-18.jpg.ea0a362aa12fac63bf5535fa7b8174e5.jpg

Hi James, I'm interested in your information about the CHP Chargers. I was wondering if they are using the V-6 engine or the 5.7 Hemi?  I owned a 2010 Charger RT with the all-wheel drive system. Great car and drove it to just short of the 100k mark. I wanted to replace it with a new '22 Charger but was told that the AWD could only be had with the V-6 engine. I know that at times Law Enforcement can get combinations that civilians can't.