Model Cars Magazine Forum

1977 Dodge 4x4 warlock

mk11

5 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

One Question is that big hood decal was it ever offered by Dodge or is it an MPC thing ?

No, it said on the sheet "bonus hood decal" or something like that.

Big hood decals were the hot ticket at the time and the custom MPC one very much looked like it could have been the real thing. 

Speaking of the decals in the original kit, the "Warlock" tail gate decal was too big to fit the panel on the gate. I don't know if that's true with the original decals or just the recreated sheet I got from Gooche but I had actually made the panel larger to fit the decal on mine. It was still a touch big but close enough for me to live with.

Hopefully, if it was like that on the original decals , round2 would check to make sure they're not too big this time.

IMG 1742

IMG 1790

• Like 3

On 10/14/2023 at 9:40 PM, Jordan White said:

Glad to see this coming out so I don’t have to modify a lil red truck kit!

My thoughts exactly! I was going to redo one that I had built for a former neighbor (who has since passed away). His wife gave it back to me when she sold her house, and moved to Atlanta. I really didn't want to go that route though.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 10:38 PM, slusher said:

i had a 77 long wheel base fleet side in dork green and mint green thru the middle and the top and around the back glass.  I still regret trading it off I had it all fixed up and painted , alluvium, wheels and new cloth interior..

Dork green, is that a special order paint? :) 

Either way I'm in for a few!! ;) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Buddy sure seems unfamiliar with the subject he's reviewing. But, anyway,,

Cool to see they included the parts for both 2 wheel drive and 4X4 suspensions. The Warlock was available with either. Same goes for the wheels. Both the gold wagon wheels and chrome 5 slot wheels were options on these trucks. 

That engine is definitely MPCs old big block, definitely not a small block as he stated.

I wasn't really that hot to pick one up but now I see that the extra parts are in there I'm sure I'll be needing a couple. 

I think a tricked out 2 wheel drive Warlock "street truck" is in order to go with my 4X4. 😉

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Buddy sure seems unfamiliar with the subject he's reviewing. But, anyway,,

Cool to see they included the parts for both 2 wheel drive and 4X4 suspensions. The Warlock was available with either. Same goes for the wheels. Both the gold wagon wheels and chrome 5 slot wheels were options on these trucks. 

That engine is definitely MPCs old big block, definitely not a small block as he stated.

I wasn't really that hot to pick one up but now I see that the extra parts are in there I'm sure I'll be needing a couple. 

I think a tricked out 2 wheel drive Warlock "street truck" is in order to go with my 4X4. 😉

I too noticed the 2wd parts were included in the package. I was originally thinking of maybe picking up one or two, but after seeing that video I’m sure 6 or more will find their way to my stash. The possibilities are endless with this one and the long bed D100, as well as the availability of a resin short bed. 

Interesting that they have the 2wd front suspension but only the 4wd tires. Not sure why the fleetside bed tail lamp bezels were included but my guess is that the chrome tree is shared between the two kits.

I will definitely be picking up (pun intended) a couple of these kits but will be looking for better engine/trans combo to swap in.

To all the video modelers who do 'unboxings': Please read the instructions first before you show the parts and if you are unfamiliar with the item learn what it is. It would be a benefit to your presentation to state what you know about the kit especially one that is a re release that had prior different versions where the manufacturer left the older parts from past version. Maybe take a marker and show what different parts are and  color code them to show what matches up. i.e. 2wd vs 4wd parts. Some pre-production rehearsal or story board planning would be helpful in your presentations. Maybe I should file this under 'what irked you today' but it's not just today.

greg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, GLMFAA1 said:

To all the video modelers who do 'unboxings': Please read the instructions first before you show the parts and if you are unfamiliar with the item learn what it is. It would be a benefit to your presentation to state what you know about the kit especially one that is a re release that had prior different versions where the manufacturer left the older parts from past version. Maybe take a marker and show what different parts are and  color code them to show what matches up. i.e. 2wd vs 4wd parts. Some pre-production rehearsal or story board planning would be helpful in your presentations. Maybe I should file this under 'what irked you today' but it's not just today.

greg

This is so true of so many you tube presentations. For every good video on any subject, there are at least ten that look like the guy just rolled out of bed and started recording with no thought about what their video looks like. Incoherent mumbling and shaky camera and lots of irrelevant stories about nothing in particular.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tabbysdaddy said:

Post a link to your unboxing videos so we know how to do it right. :D

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask if someone's gonna do a video and put it out there that they at least take 10 minutes to familiarise themselves with what they're making the video about.

• Like 6