Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 61 Ford Galaxie Club Victoria

Yeah Nah

12 hours ago, atomicholiday said:

Your craftsmanship is outstanding.   Everything looks so clean and crisp.   I love your work on the scripts in particular.   Truly nice job you did with this one.

Is that foil under paint for the scripts?

Thanks Jeremy. I did try the foil-under-the paint technique one time without success. Now I hand paint the scripts with a size 1 or 2 soft hobby brush. I can make a small puddle of chrome paint on the workbench by lightly pushing the tip in and out on a Molotow (or whatever brand) pen. The trick is keeping the amount of paint on the brush to an absolute minimum and light strokes in different directions across the raised scriptwork. Any mistakes can be picked off with toothpick when the chrome dries.     

Edited by Yeah Nah

Thanks for all the kind comments everybody!

When I pull her apart to fix that instrument panel I'm going to try a windscreen tint as on this Starliner. I found a 'how to' on Youtube and if successful I'll take some more pics.

Here's the video: 

1961-ford-galaxie-starliner.jpg

Edited by Yeah Nah

very nice build

I have a resin mercury version i got years ago online somewhere,  anyway it has slight warpage but the main problem is the roof, it got smashed during moving. I am considering chopping it off and make a convertible or lifting the roof from a resin ford body i saw on ebay.

I'm leaning towards the convertible but still might have to buy the resin body just to get the windshield frame

I'll have a pic in another phone, I'll post here to get some input after seeing your build

• Like 1