Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dream Time: What cars would you like to see modeled?

I would like to see some new British saloons such as the Vauxhall Cresta PA, Ford Zephyr or Zodiac MkII, Jaguar Mk X, a decent Rolls Royce Cloud, even a Ford Sierra Estate car.

Some Europeans now Mercedes 600(1960s), Citroen DS, Iso Griffo.

Back in the USA I think a few more 4 door sedans please especially some early to mid 50s Cadillacs.

John

• 6 months later...

Some of these cars have been sugested but I will second their posts with the Packard Show car , the Studebaker Coupe Express Pick Up , 50 Studebaker and some Chrysler's and Oldsmobiles of the Depression era. I would also like some of the G M Motorama Show cars but I think realisticly, it;s a long shot . More to the point though , Dodge Pick Ups from the 50's How bout a mid Fifties Ford F-100 ? I would buy models of any "Early " Van or Panel Delivery. Yes that includes the wierd Hump back Dodges too. Ed Shaver

I'm something of an old geezer relative to many on this board, and I like cars that were considered "old" when I was kid.

I'd like to see kits issued as 2-in-1s or 3-in-1s (as was the norm back in the day) so that those of us who like factory stock machines can do what we like, while still making the product popular for the rod and custom crowd.

OK, here are a few things I'd like to see (the list is by no means exhaustive):

'52 Hudson Hornet (would love to see a 4-door, but that's not gonna happen, so would settle for the 2-door or conv.)

'37 Lincoln Zephyr sedan

'47 Lincoln Sedan

'48 Continental (new tool please!)

'53 Lincoln Capri

'36 Chrysler Airflow sedan

'35 Ford--hey! ANY version would be welcome!

'38 Ford--again, ANY version

'37 LaSalle

'40 LaSalle limo

'46-'48 DeSoto

'49-'50 DeSoto

'38 Plymouth sedan or coupe (or just about any Plymouth from the 30s)

'58 Packard

ANYTHING by Studebaker, but especially the '48 Starliner, '51 Commander, '56 Golden Hawk, '59 Lark, '63 Gran Tourismo Hawk. you name it!

Just about ANYTHING by Cadillac from the 30s, 40s and 50s

'41 Cadillac Sedan

'49 Cadillac (fas-back) Sedanette

'53 Cadillac Eldorado

'72 Cadillac conv.

'37 Buick sedan (or ANY Buick from the 30s--they were all drop-dead gorgeous)

'49 Buick Roadmaster

'53 Buick Skylark

'55-56 Buick Special

'54 Chevy 210 and "Handyman" Wagon (factory stock, please!)

'59 Metropolitan and any Nssh/Rambler from the '50s

'53 Nash Healey coupe

'34 Terraplane

'34 Huppmobile

'39 Graham Sharknose

'39 Graham/Hupp

'77-'78 Chrysler Cordoba ('cause I got a thing for rich Corinthian leather, and my ex-wife used to own one; what a fun ride!--the car, not the ex-wife!!!) B)

Need I continue?

I would like to see a

50 Stude 2dr coupe bullet nose 2 in 1

50 Olds 5 window cpe 2 dr

all of the above

customizable Lincolns from the thirties thru fifties

65 Riviera rebuild w new frame

boat tail Riv

38 Packard 2dr cpe - (see Tora! Tora! Tora! - the car the general's wife drove him around, and the coupe at the end of Indiana Jones first movie)

39-40 Merc

reissie 25 Lincoln

Resin

Cushenberry Matador

there's more, but enuf for now

Ken "FloridaBoy" Willaman

Anything modern (in the last 20 years or so) and American that isn't a Camaro, Mustang or Corvette. I do get all the newer models that I can find, but it is still frustrating to go into a hobby shop and see the same models that have been there for 40 years. At least the model companies give them new boxes every so often.

Jim Edwards

• 6 years later...

02-06 Ram truck (Quad Cab) Lindberg has announced a 2006 Dodge truck BUT IT IS THE RAMPAGE CONCEPT!

Why do the Dodge guys get shafted when it comes to trucks?!?!?! WHAT IS THE DEAL????? The only things RESEMBLING a decent detailed late model Dodge truck in TEN YEARS have been two CONCEPT trucks that can not be built into anything stock. The only nice late model Dodge pickemups are SNAPFAST/Unbuilt PROMOS!

Same as above, SRT10 Variant

Now that AMT has officially said no go, the New Challenger.

A NICE 70 Cuda (HOPING the REvell AAR redo comes off a LOT better this time around)

CHEETAH!

Reissue of Revell's Landy 68 Charger (I'd by a DANG CASE this time around!)

57 Chevy 2 DR SEDAN! I had one when I was 17.

70-71 MErcury Cyclone (68-69 car would be great as well, I had a 68 GT)

1970 Charger with SEPERATE R/T Door scoops

1973 or 4 Charger S/E

76-77 olds Cutlass 442

A 67-69 Barracuda fastback NEW TOOL

A 74-75 Monaco police car.

A NICE well detailed 68-70 AMX! Of ALL the muscle car material that has been tooled, retooled and modified retooled in the past ten years, NOTHING AMC! How many MUSTANGS DO we need?!?!?!

The REbel Machine would be cool as would a 71-74 Javelin/AMX (72 Javelin Police car YEAH they were used!!!!!)

i agree with you, how many mustangs and camaros do we need? The Javelin would be awesome, and the olds 442 of the mid 70s and the 70 charger with the r/t door scoops, 

i agree with you, how many mustangs and camaros do we need? The Javelin would be awesome, and the olds 442 of the mid 70s and the 70 charger with the r/t door scoops, 

I think there have been many more Mustangs and Camaros produced in the eight-and-a-half years between that post and your reply, so it would seem there's still a market for them.

02-06 Ram truck (Quad Cab) Lindberg has announced a 2006 Dodge truck BUT IT IS THE RAMPAGE CONCEPT!

Why do the Dodge guys get shafted when it comes to trucks?!?!?! WHAT IS THE DEAL????? The only things RESEMBLING a decent detailed late model Dodge truck in TEN YEARS have been two CONCEPT trucks that can not be built into anything stock. The only nice late model Dodge pickemups are SNAPFAST/Unbuilt PROMOS!

Same as above, SRT10 Variant

Now that AMT has officially said no go, the New Challenger.

A NICE 70 Cuda (HOPING the REvell AAR redo comes off a LOT better this time around)

CHEETAH!

Reissue of Revell's Landy 68 Charger (I'd by a DANG CASE this time around!)

57 Chevy 2 DR SEDAN! I had one when I was 17.

70-71 MErcury Cyclone (68-69 car would be great as well, I had a 68 GT)

1970 Charger with SEPERATE R/T Door scoops

1973 or 4 Charger S/E

76-77 olds Cutlass 442

A 67-69 Barracuda fastback NEW TOOL

A 74-75 Monaco police car.

A NICE well detailed 68-70 AMX! Of ALL the muscle car material that has been tooled, retooled and modified retooled in the past ten years, NOTHING AMC! How many MUSTANGS DO we need?!?!?!

The REbel Machine would be cool as would a 71-74 Javelin/AMX (72 Javelin Police car YEAH they were used!!!!!)

I like what Moebius has done with the industry, I have built the Hudson and Ranger and great kits, Galaxie is another one with the 46-48 chevy I would love to see someone do a tri five olds or pontiac and cars of the 30s,  If someone would redo the 37 chevy, they could make a ton of money. They could use the frame and engine for 37 -39 chevy, the body for chevy olds pontiac buick and laselle change the hood grill and tail lights boom i know it sounds easy but there is a lot to do with design and manufacturing and packaging, I liked when Scale Auto would ask us readers what kits we would like to see released in the future, what happened to that?

• 3 years later...

Off the top of my head, one car I'd like to have as a model is the 1989-1993 Buick Riviera. I owned one a while back and drive one now. I think that they are great looking automobiles.

I'm surprised (and disappointed)  that there was no dealer promo made of them.

riv92 6.jpg

Edited by DPNM

And I could go for this Riviera. If you didn't know what it was, you'd think it was a Jag sedan or something exotic (with just a little detail cleanup and the right wheels).

Image result for Last Buick Riviera

I'd also really like to have a model of at least one of the showcars Ghia did for Chrysler in the 1950s. Hemi-powered gentleman's express.

Image result for Chrysler Ghia showcar    image.jpeg.e42aabb48ae24ea499077206436eeb83.jpeg   image.jpeg.abb218d9c910f5c9a5f8cb3e602d8dfe.jpeg

Odds of it happening? Zero.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Are we talking pure dreaming? Or dreams that would have a snowflake's chance of getting produced?

For pure dreaming:

73-76 Ford Gran Torino wagon

77-78 Plymouth Fury wagon

77-79 Ford Thunderbird

For something that is within the realm of possibility:

A modern pickup. Something current.

Modern SUVs. Like a 2015+ Chev Tahoe for example.

Ram 5500 chassis cab. Imagine the build possibilities of offering a chassis cab kit, then multiple kits of potential bodies for them. Service bodies, decks, picker units, mini-tanks, cubevans, etc.

12 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Odds of it happening? Zero.

I will concede the odds are low, but seeing some of the things that have come out recently,  I still maintain it's worth letting them know what you want.  Worst case scenario, we kill a little time talking about models, which I'm told is the whole point of this forum.

Models of  the Ghia showcars?  Count me in.

Edited by Richard Bartrop