Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dream Time: What cars would you like to see modeled?

AHHH Yes! I absolutely LOVE the new Alfa Giulia's! :wub::wub:

One of the reasons I got a Challenger was space. I sat in a new Mustang which was coming out at the time I wanted another car, but the Mustang I found to be "cramped". Especially in the shoulder area as I sure need it! Interesting enough, of all the models I have (a lot), I don't have a new Challenger kit. That's something on my 'must buy' list this year for sure, but when I'd do a model of my car would be anyone's guess! :D

Another car I'm surprised never made it to the hobby shelves were the late '00's Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice. While in 1:1 they were nice to look at, getting in one was a definite no for me. I was MUCH heavier then and my head hit the up top once I was in. Even with the top down, my head was about level with the windshield header.

There were some diecasts out there (not bad actually), so that may be all I have to settle for and then detail it out.

On another note of a foreign older car...............why oh why has there never been a model of this car in a standard scale??

5c559297a1e94_RollsandMB067.jpg.b180e15cae792339e4d5b99d5fa3b882.jpg

I have a 1/24 diecast and an MPC 1/32 scale kit of this car, but it sure would make my day to see a full detail kit of a Benz 280 SL with BOTH tops. B)

1 hour ago, espo said:

I think many of us have our favorite exotic car we would like to see modeled. But I wonder what current cars, and you have to include trucks and SUV's, would be financially viable for one or more of the modeling companies to produce today. I would like to see the present and last body style of the Charger. They are a popular seller in the 1:1 market and this should work well for Law Enforcement builders. The Mustang and Camaro models seem to be selling well so I think if say Revell would look at some of the other popular cars selling today there might just be a market for models of these cars. 

Academy released a model of the Hyundai Azera, although it was the Korean version and has a slightly different grille treatment.  It seems you cannot swing a dead cat without hitting a Hyundai Santa Fe or Sonata, or for that matter a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord.  The Academy Hyundai is a very respectable kit, I think they would so well to get deeper into the vehicle market, they are already pretty strong in sci-fi and aircraft/military.  With the top two US makers cutting back on their sedans and focusing primarily on CUV's, SUV's, and other forms of V's, I am unsure as to which way the model companies should focus their efforts.

On 1/31/2019 at 1:08 PM, Oldcarfan27 said:

Given the popularity of vintage Japanese cars in real life and since we're dreaming...

These are some of my ideas - "bread and butter" cars (with optional race parts) 

89-92_Toyota_Supra.thumb.jpg.b474ccbfbd2a3a0ec8dd365250af47e9.jpg

It's been done! Fujimi made this one. I have it in the stash. :)

https://hlj.com/1-24-scale-toyota-supra-3-0-turbo-a-fuj03862

https://hlj.com/1-24-scale-toyota-supra-turbo-a-1987-fuj04595

5 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

True, but only as a curbside, with no engine or chassis detail. I wish it was done like the MPC 84 Supra - full detail, with optional parts!

16 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

AHHH Yes! I absolutely LOVE the new Alfa Giulia's! :wub::wub:

One of the reasons I got a Challenger was space. I sat in a new Mustang which was coming out at the time I wanted another car, but the Mustang I found to be "cramped". Especially in the shoulder area as I sure need it! Interesting enough, of all the models I have (a lot), I don't have a new Challenger kit. That's something on my 'must buy' list this year for sure, but when I'd do a model of my car would be anyone's guess! :D

Another car I'm surprised never made it to the hobby shelves were the late '00's Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice. While in 1:1 they were nice to look at, getting in one was a definite no for me. I was MUCH heavier then and my head hit the up top once I was in. Even with the top down, my head was about level with the windshield header.

There were some diecasts out there (not bad actually), so that may be all I have to settle for and then detail it out.

On another note of a foreign older car...............why oh why has there never been a model of this car in a standard scale??

5c559297a1e94_RollsandMB067.jpg.b180e15cae792339e4d5b99d5fa3b882.jpg

I have a 1/24 diecast and an MPC 1/32 scale kit of this car, but it sure would make my day to see a full detail kit of a Benz 280 SL with BOTH tops. B)

280 SL would be high on my list. I love to see Monogram's curbside 450 SL from the late 70's come back too. But, I would like a 260 or 280 SL even more. With both tops of course. 

While visiting may favorite hobby shop a couple of weeks ago I was talking to one of their long time employees. We talked about models cars since that's my interest, but he told me their big sellers now are the Sci-Fi caricatures. If this is the direction of the market it doesn't bod well for model cars and trucks.     

On 2.2.2019 at 12:33 AM, Dann Tier said:

Oh, I haven't forgot about the Mangusta, bud!!…...I already have a kit of it, and theres even a better kit in resin that's available.

Okay, duely noted. :rolleyes: Could we agree that it belongs on the should-be-available-to every-modeler-and-not-just-the-rich-and/or-fortunate-ones list? :D

5 minutes ago, Ich_Will said:

I hope someone does the McLaren Senna

Serious, Will?? It sure drives like h**l but it to me it looks very much like "form follows function". With function clearly having the upper hand... :D That said, I believe ROG have a valid licence to do McLaren's... :rolleyes:

Edited by Tommy124

36 minutes ago, Tommy124 said:

Serious, Will?? It sure drives like h**l but it to me it looks very much like "form follows function". With function clearly having the upper hand... :D That said, I believe ROG have a valid licence to do McLaren's... :rolleyes:

I'm in love with it... it looks so mental and fast. This is the first McLaren that has made me look twice. Up til now they've all fallen well short of my love for Ferrari and Mercedes. Do you watch Grand Tour at all? They just had one on and it's an amazing car. 

17 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Please someone,How about a Jeep Cherokee that you can lift?And have it come with all kinds of accessories.

IMG_7048.JPG

I forgot to put this one on my list!

No kidding, man. I'm still stunned that there isn't a 1/25 Cherokee.

Interesting that Fageol appeared on Tom's list--I like the Super Freighter, myself. A good subject for the aftermarket, rather than a commercial kitmaker.

372b7e1fc0df1e9ab6ea7c775ac9ca02.jpg

I think we need a new modern kit of the '65-'66 mustang Coupe. something with a real  chassis. not a promo style blob.

That's Coupe, Notchback, not another sportroof, fastback.:P

and Monogram / Revell could use a bunch of their already existing 1/24th scale Mustang parts to cut the costs.

66-mustang-coupe-california-car-5.jpg

ebay976924.jpg

5 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Ah, you mean this one:

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/article/cars/ferraris-new-fxx-k-1000-horsepower-catapult

LOL :D

Joking aside, you mean the 410 Superamerica?

The FXX Evolution would be cool, I have the "normal" FFX already.  :P

Yes, not the more common "Superfast" but the Ghia version that looks close to the 1957 Chrysler Dart, which would also be a cool subject.

5 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Random wish list for today:

VW Vanagon Synchro (4WD version).
VW The Thing (Hasegawa makes the 1/24 Kubelwagen, not the same thing excuse the pun).
Pinzgauer
The Ferrari with the tail fins, that sort of looks like an American show car.
The old Mercedes Unimog (not the current kit).

The Thing. Type 181. Another high one on my wish list.