Model Cars Magazine Forum

R2 NOV 2023

Dave Van

3 minutes ago, iangilly said:

No demon? Isn't that due out in November?

Tentatively December, along w/ the '70 Mustang Mach Won, '60 and '63 Ford trucks according to Model Roundup.  I have some preordered, figure they will show up when they show up...

Edited by Rob Hall
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, iangilly said:

No demon? Isn't that due out in November?

The '71 Dodge Demon kits are in production right now and should be shipping next week.  Chad will probably show it in his next video along with the others Rob just mentioned. 

-Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Judging by the box bottom art, looks like this reissue includes a few rally parts tooled up for the last version, released back in 1986-87. Big and little pairs of round fog lights, and what appears to be a roll cage. Thank you Round 2 for bringing these classics back again!

s-l500.jpg.c70f875c5d9b9512f324b2bab9e1c8b3.jpg

• Like 1

Only one car kit but this does have two variations for color graphics. I really wish they would do a standard Charger Turismo/Duster Turismo. The headlight area would need to be retooled to a quad set up as well as the hood shape. I would think that could be done without ruining more issues of the Shelby.

7 minutes ago, Fat Brian said:

A Rampage might not be too hard, the wheelbase didn't change from the first generation so you could use the AMT Brat for the chassis. The engine isn't correct but should be close.

Hmmmm... A friend had a Shelby turbo Rampage, back in high school. Black with silver stripes & a 5-spd!

1 hour ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

Hmmmm... A friend had a Shelby turbo Rampage, back in high school. Black with silver stripes & a 5-spd!

After some more digging the Rampage wasn't on the same platform as the Brat. I was wondering why the kits didn't seem to fit together all that well. The Rampage was it's own deal. It looks like you'd need another body to add a half inch in front of and 3/4 or so behind  the rear wheel well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fat Brian said:

After some more digging the Rampage wasn't on the same platform as the Brat. I was wondering why the kits didn't seem to fit together all that well. The Rampage was it's own deal. It looks like you'd need another body to add a half inch in front of and 3/4 or so behind  the rear wheel well.

Also consider that the BRAT engine and the Rampage configurations are not close at all.

6 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

A guy in my area has/had one.  I shot a few pictures of it ten years ago!  The elderly man who owned it might be dead now for all I know.

image.png.d0e96d464b3c46036a1ceaa32dd3288b.pngimage.png.d3fc6ac006635b1a765b4f06695f7729.pngimage.png.a1cc29870a9344e7c0a5437974a18caf.png