Model Cars Magazine Forum

Square headlights needed.

2 minutes ago, peteski said:

Too bad that small manufacturers use FB as the exclusive means of contact. Some of us do not wish to join FB.  It is very shortsighted of those manufacturers.

That's where the most eyeballs are...probably just a fraction of prospective customers aren't on FB. 

Edited by Rob Hall
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

That's where the most eyeballs are...probably just a fraction of prospective customers aren't on FB. 

Still, it is short short sighted of the companies to exclude non-FB folks. And I have feeling that there are more FB-averse people than you think, (and that percentage will probably go up). An email address is free to set up and maintain.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, peteski said:

Still, it is short short sighted of the companies to exclude non-FB folks. And I have feeling that there are more FB-averse people than you think, (and that percentage will probably go up). An email address is free to set up and maintain.

I feel the same about the ones who refuse to use Paypal, and insist on credit cards, but what can you do?

1 hour ago, Chariots of Fire said:

Well, I guess I'll take the two I have and make resin castings.  Then coat them with Molotow chrome. 🙂

Charlie, can you post a pic of the headlights you need?

I, or someone else might have something you could use.

2 hours ago, Chariots of Fire said:

Decided to mold my own since Daniel no longer does the chrome ones.  Molotow or Alclad will do the trick.

Once you get that done, may I suggest adding lenses and bezel trim from Czech Truck Model. CTM has them in both 1/24 and 1/25 for Italeri or Revell. Moluminum sells them here in the States. Top notch.
image.png.e65cfaf3543e49b071a25ef9f33e0a1f.png

On 11/7/2023 at 9:49 AM, peteski said:

but they not gonna set up a email address for the 1-2% that's on these Forums when their main business comes from Facebook.. ether you join or you miss out. and for all you that dont like FB yall missing out on a whole lot..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, yh70 said:

but they not gonna set up a email address for the 1-2% that's on these Forums when their main business comes from Facebook.. ether you join or you miss out. and for all you that dont like FB yall missing out on a whole lot..

Thank you for that very useful info.  I feel enlightened.  And as you see, they do have an email address after all.

13 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Good for you.  Some people don't have credit cards.

One of the reasons for my stance is that for several years before I retired, I was an information security and data protection professional.

As for “…missing out on a whole lot…” Those are exactly the things I don’t want.

steve

• Like 1

23 hours ago, peteski said:

Thank you for that very useful info.  I feel enlightened.  And as you see, they do have an email address after all.

yes he does. and i talked to him to make sure its was the up to date one as he had moved..also he is not a full time caster so be ready to wait a couple months  ..but still again you members that dont run Face Book are missing out of so so much of new parts and 3D kits. yall would be like kids in a candy store..lol..

Edited by yh70

1 hour ago, yh70 said:

yes he does. and i talked to him to make sure its was the up to date one as he had moved..also he is not a full time caster so be ready to wait a couple months  ..but still again you members that dont run Face Book are missing out of so so much of new parts and 3D kits. yall would be like kids in a candy store..lol..

Maybe so, but to me it is not worth it.  Plus, I have enough kits and supplies squirreled away that it could last me 2 lifetimes (while I'm on a downhill slope age-wise already) . I'm good - thanks!  The candy store is my stash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1