Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford H series, very old build.

I was re-arranging a showcase to make more room for new arrivals. I pulled this old H series conversion from the back. I haven't taken fresh pictures of it for many years. It was my first truck conversion attempt. Many details are missing and wrong, but it looks good on the shelf. All I can remember about the conversion is that I used parts of a conventional truck sleeper to help make the skirting. This was the first big rig build I built that I still have. Paint is Colorplace (I told you it's old) Kelly Green. Most of the rest of the details I've forgotten over the years. Well, here it is:

DSCN1952.JPG

DSCN1953.JPG

DSCN1954.JPG

DSCN1955.JPG

DSCN1956.JPG

DSCN1957.JPG

DSCN1958.JPG

DSCN1960.JPG

DSCN1961.JPG

DSCN1962.JPG

DSCN1959.JPG

• Like 8

This is by far the best looking H Model Ford build that I have ever seen. First of all it looks like you got all of the dimensions right, something that none of the conversions have perfected yet. Second the details are excellent. Having built one of these recently, I have studied quite a few pictures of the real thing and you have nailed it. Last but not least, very clean work as always. I especially like the mirrors! Excellent work!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...