Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where's Everyone from?

Not all that long ago our profile included the member's location (if they chose to include it), so it was clearly visible to everybody in the avatar on the left of each post (and of course when you viewed member's profile.  But recently the location info was made invisible.

I always found it interesting and often useful to see where the member was from.  For example maybe chemicals (paints paint strippers, etc.) vary from country to country.  If I'm from USA, and if I see someone from Germany asking about some chemical, I would not recommend brand of chemical that is only available in USA.

I think we could all individually solve this if we included our country of residence (and possibly a state or a region) in our signatures.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, redscampi said:

I’m in the middle of Texas hill country amongst the live oaks and scrub cedars. 

Just spent New Years week at my Brother and Sister in laws home in that area. We have visited before and have spent some time with their neighbors as well. Some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, espo said:

Just spent New Years week at my Brother and Sister in laws home in that area. We have visited before and have spent some time with their neighbors as well. Some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. 

I'm not a native. I'm a transplant from the northwest. I did my time in the constant rain and drizzle. Now I get to enjoy most winter days in the sun. Today it's 73 but it's gonna drop into the freezing range tonight and be in the lower teens by Monday night. But, it won't last long which is the way I like my winters. And yes, most people are amazingly friendly.

North Central Iowa....Algona... 5 minutes east of "one" of the original WWII POW camps....

(now municipal airport).

Also same distance west of Snap-On Tool factory (toolbox division).

Otherwise.... surrounded by corn & soy bean fields.😳

On 1/9/2024 at 6:53 PM, CA Whitecloud said:

Wild, Wild West of Portland, OR.

Originally,  I'm  from Dilly Or.

( I grew up on my grandparents 800 acre farm between Gaston and Dilly. Right beside hiway 47 . )

When we " went to town " it was usually a day trip to Forest Grove,  or Cornelius,  or Hillsboro .

Moved to Portland in 1980.

Moved to Winnamucca NV. In 2010.

Moved to Douglas Az. In 2016.

We now live within eyesight of the US.  Mexico  border. I figure when the world goes completely sideways,  it's only a short walk to a different country.