Model Cars Magazine Forum

2025 dodge charger daytona production model

The car will come as a 4 door option and a 2 door option will have 60/40 split rear fold down seats for more trunk space will come with full ev and and hybrid hurricane i6 twin turbo /ev option and will have 3 levels a baseline version ev a more sporty version ev  and the high performance banshee ev  the car will have a transmission also with differnt gears it is all wheel drive with several fun modes one for doing donuts one for doing burnouts and one that give massive power speed boost for doing quarter miles these cars will be for sale around the 4th quarter of this year 

IMG_7397.jpeg

IMG_7398.jpeg

IMG_7399.jpeg

IMG_7400.jpeg

Edited by michelle

• michelle changed the title to 2024 dodge charger daytona production model
15 minutes ago, BlackSheep214 said:

My thoughts exactly. I thought Dodge was ceasing production on the Charger this year.

2023 was the last year for the challenger and the final year for the different versions of the hemi and the large v8 engines 
And the 2015-2023 7th gen charger body style and platform ended with the the 2023 year 

Edited by michelle

29 minutes ago, Fat Brian said:

Wow, they took an already ugly car and made it even uglier.

I think it looks awesome first modern Charger I have really liked cause it it a 2 door and it looks like what a 68-70 charger would look like if they were designed and made today 

Just a thought fr an old  guy who owned a ‘73 (w a cream colored vinyl top - don’t ask) - this will be the last or next to last Charger with a piston engine - think the coupe will be VERY collectible - and wait til you see the dealer’s premium - ooph - ill take mine in dark blue …

I'd have to see it and touch it before I could really say that I would buy one. Having been more than satisfied with the last two Dodge Chargers I have owned, there is a very big maybe here. I'm predisposed to wanting the Hemi in some form, but I'm open minded on the Huracan Turbo Charged 6 cylinder based of past write ups I have read about the engine. 

1 hour ago, Classicgas said:

Should be called Coronet.

But Charger is perfect name for a electric car 
Also the 4 door chargers should have been called coronet to begin with since the coronets came in both 4 doors and 2 doors 

Edited by michelle
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, michelle said:

But Charger is perfect name for a electric car 
Also the 4 door chargers should have been called coronet to begin with since the coronets came in both 4 doors and 2 doors 

I agree with the 4 door chargers being called coronet.

In the 2025 Ram 1500, which will be out by summer, the Hurricane I-6 has to versions. 

The "Standard Output" has around 420hp, while the "High Output" has about 540hp. Either of those would move the Charger pretty quickly. 

So what would the inevitable "SRT" version put out? 700hp? I have to think that Stellantis would want it having more power than anything ele, so I'd guess 750hp. Roughly.

The EV is a whole different ballgame, and having owned a Mach-E GT, I think this would be the highest performing model, and probably the most fun to drive. Wouldn't sound as good, but it will be the fastest model, and most likely the best handling. 

But no matter what they do with it, the HO gas engine will be the one most people want. 

• michelle changed the title to 2025 dodge charger daytona production model

Suggest anyone interested in getting additional information on the 2025 Charger they should poke around on You Tube. Looked at several self-appointed experts claiming to have all the inside information. The point that they seemed to put forward was the Turbo Charged Huracan 6 cylinder will be available with either a 400 hp or a 500 hp version. I'm still wait and see but interested all the same. 

5 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

"Daytona" is a wasted nameplate without an outrageously elevated wing and a pointy nose.  Kinda like a "Mustang" with motors but no engine.  But that's just my opinion.

The r wing that is in the front of the car that makes up the top of the grille area and the hood slides down under is the new version of the wing on the Daytona And they have also said this layout makes it far more aerodynamic then the any car designed to be aerodynamic including the original daytona cause of how the air flows through the r wing up the the hood and over the car 

9 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

"Daytona" is a wasted nameplate without an outrageously elevated wing and a pointy nose.  Kinda like a "Mustang" with motors but no engine.  But that's just my opinion.

And they have made Daytonas without the pointy nose and massive wing for years as a sportier option package starting with the 4th gen chargers mid to late 70’s and the small hatch back  5th gen chargers of the 80’s to the 4 door 6th gen chargers of the mid 2000’s and the redesigned 4 door 7th gen chargers of the post 2010’s through early 2020’s  and now we have the new 8th gen charger daytona 

• Mike 1017 changed the title to Stick a knife in the Charger Rumors