Model Cars Magazine Forum

2025 dodge charger daytona production model

not excited...not sure why, just seems flat.  Too smooth with that minimal grill opening and weird hood dip in the front.  If you told me this was the new Nissan I wouldn't be surprised.

35 minutes ago, Beans said:

not excited...not sure why, just seems flat.  Too smooth with that minimal grill opening and weird hood dip in the front.  If you told me this was the new Nissan I wouldn't be surprised.

the  opening in the headlight opening that the hood slopes into is the r wing wich makes the car way more aerodynamic and is a not to the wing on the original daytona 
also this ev looks like a acual car and like a muscle car shape  and not a ugly blob or as tim calls the shape of alll other ev cars  a melted jelly bean 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

It's too bad they didn't have the retro door creases like the last Charger...

the gta online version of this car the bravado buffalo evx has door scallops like the 68-70 chargers did and the 2011 charger did 
the only thing is the gta versions interior is not as awasome as the real car's interior 

bravado-buffalo-evx-grand-theft-auto-online-1.jpg

BuffaloEVX-GTAOe-front.png

FzOg0L-XoAY1m56.jpg-large.jpeg

sddefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault-2.jpg

959.jpg

959-2.jpg

959-3.jpg

Edited by michelle

2 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Over 5800lb. Holy moly.

thats  the batterys and the motors that make it weigh that much and why it needs the those huge disk brakes to bring it to a stop quickly   and all the hp 
the charger six pack hurricane i6 twin turbo will be far far lighter then the evs and the far lightler then the 2015-2023 challengers and chargers weigh due to the all new platform and contrustruction 

If i drank too much Dog Fish Head beer - I’d weigh 250 pounds - Dog Fish Head is really good beer - but at the the end of the day (or bar) - i’d still weigh 250 pounds …

• Like 2

8 hours ago, michelle said:

thats  the batterys and the motors that make it weigh that much and why it needs the those huge disk brakes to bring it to a stop quickly   and all the hp 
the charger six pack hurricane i6 twin turbo will be far far lighter then the evs and the far lightler then the 2015-2023 challengers and chargers weigh due to the all new platform and contrustruction 

I know, but it's still a ridiculously heavy car.

The Ford MachE GT is under 5000lb, and the Mach E Premium is only 4800lb. That's 1000lb lighter.

The Tesla Model S Plaid is roughly 1000lb lighter, at about 4750lb

Heck, my F-150 Lightning is only 800lb heavier.

Extra weight makes any vehicle slower, use more fuel/charge, and makes it handle worse.

There's no reason why this car should be that heavy.

It's a moot point though, as most people looking to buy a Dodge will go for the gas engine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

The Ford MachE GT is under 5000lb, and the Mach E Premium is only 4800lb. That's 1000lb lighter.

Extra weight makes any vehicle slower, use more fuel/charge, and makes it handle worse.

It's a moot point though, as most people looking to buy a Dodge will go for the gas engine.

It is only a few pounds lighter then the current dodge rams are 

I don’t know about that last part a lot of people want this ev Charger and are excited for it and even some di hard v8 mopar people who buy them to race quarter miles are willing to give it a chance with the fact the evs can beat even the hellcats and redeyes in quarter miles and these can also smoke the dark horse mustangs 

Interesting comparison.

image.jpeg

So it's basically the same size as Bo and Luke's Charger, but almost 2000lb heavier.

And the last time and American manufacturer built a 2 door this big?

image.jpeg

And this new Charger is much heavier than that car.

I think it will be a good car, I'm just having trouble wrapping my brain around what Stellantis is thinking with this.

• Like 2

Interesting comparison.

image.jpeg

So it's basically the same size as Bo and Luke's Charger, but almost 2000lb heavier.

And the last time and American manufacturer built a 2 door this big?

image.jpeg

And this new Charger is much heavier than that car.

I think it will be a good car, I'm just having trouble wrapping my brain around what Stellantis is thinking with this.

You do realize that all that weight is just the batteries right those things are super heavy 

2 hours ago, michelle said:

You do realize that all that weight is just the batteries right those things are super heavy 

Weight is weight. Doesn't matter if it's an engine, a battery pack, or whatever. It's all a part of the car and makes it ridiculously heavy.

• Mike 1017 changed the title to Stick a knife in the Charger Rumors