Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Outside" Pictures of a replica of: Rick Dore's "Illusion"

John Teresi

Hello: I finally got around to taking some "Outside" Pictures of my Replica of Rick Dore's : "Illusion" that I built for my Father for his Birthday......some of you may know that my Dad bought this car from Rick Dore at the Sema show 3 years ago......I wanted to build it but,I knew the body would just be to hard to make ....so I contacted Frankies Hobby & Horror Shoppe and asked them if they could 3D Print the body if I provided pictures......and they made me a 3D Printed body and it came out fantastic....then I asked my good friend Steve A. if he could print me a 3D LS9 Engine and make me a few Decals.....they also came out great.......I detailed the engine with Pro Tech parts and put my little detail twist on it......I made a ton of modifications and made a lot of scratch built parts......If you would like to see how I built the model you can go here to see WIP pics......

thank you for looking.

DSCF2586.jpg

DSCF2541.jpg

DSCF2535.jpg

DSCF2565.jpg

DSCF2515.jpg

DSCF2591.jpg

• Like 6

My favorite post of this past year! I saw the car at SEMA, and even took a few photos with Mr. Dore - who never wondered too far away from his creation. You nailed the colors, stance, lines and everything else perfectly!

25 minutes ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Sir!

Masterful work, and the details are world-class. If I may: what is the paint "recipe"? Truly breathtaking!

CT

Delton Silver…..then House of Kolor Kopper…..then Tropical Glitz Fanta Orange with Clear Coat….sides are Scale Finishes Root Beer Brown

Edited by John Teresi