Model Cars Magazine Forum

I'm a big fan of '70's custom vans. Last year I bought a box of scraps and inside was this Ford 4X4 glue bomb. It was a great opportunity to build one. I still need to make a pair of rear view mirrors, a whip antenna and I want to put a skid plate under the front bumper. It was a simple kit so I just disassembled it, cleaned it up repainted and reassembled it. The mural is printed on vinyl and oversprayed with an airbrush to blend it in, the sides are relatively flat so they blend in well and on radiuses pieces I used paint. The engine and interior are there but really nothing exciting. I weathered the exterior a bit because I imagine hell as being a bit dirty.

Newside copy.jpg

NEWrear3:4.jpg

NEWfront3:4.jpg

NEWfront.jpg

Edited by Chinacar
new photos
  • Like 10

28 minutes ago, Street Rod said:

Great save on a kewl van! I really like the mural, gives it a great vibe.

Thanks Doyle, I loved those old mural vans and a few years ago I became friends with Ivan Benic. I spent a couple of evenings at his shop drinking beers and looking at some crazy projects he had going on. He had the Cosmic Cruiser there and even offered to take me for a cruise! If you haven't heard of the guy or his work you need to google "Ivan Benic, Cosmic Cruiser". It's a trip...

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 11.58.43.png