Model Cars Magazine Forum

Upcoming solar eclipse

I'm in the Boston area, so I'm not conveniently located near the path.  It'll be going through northern New England though.  My brother went all the way to Illinois to see the last one.  I do recall seeing crescents while I was at art school in Boston in the '90s.

I'm right in the path in central Texas.  They're expecting local populations to double. A friend of mine from the northwest invited himself and his extended family to stay with us and camp in our yard...without even a pretty please. Cousin Eddy...

How about a lunar eclipse? No special glasses needed.  We had one in Jan. 2019.  It was a full eclipse, but it looks boring. It looks more interesting just before or past the full eclipse.  The brownish/orange glow looks really odd.

2019JanEclipse01.jpg.8ba862882e35ea889ac8a213e0bf8bb6.jpg

Edited by peteski

My wife and I saw the eclipses in 1979 and 2017. Also the annular eclipse in 2012. We're traveling to see our friends in Texas. They're in the path of totality, but we'll try to get closer to the centerline for another 2 minutes of eclipse. 

• 1 month later...

We were in the path of total eclipse. Was a short 4 minutes but really neat to watch outside, and not on a TV set.                                                          Van Wert Ohio 

Idk,here on LI NY,,kinda sucked,clouds rolled in at the last second.But I was my really in the line of ,whatever you call it,sorry.It was nothing really at all.Oh well.I seriously don’t think i’ll be around for the next one in about 20 years.🤷‍♂️

IMG_0988.jpeg

Partial eclipse here in Massachusetts.  This is the only shot that came out OK using the pinhole box I made.

We had a light cloud cloud cover as well, but not enough to get in the way of the eclipse.  My glasses worked fine.  🙂   All in all it was worth the hype.

IMG_1445 copy.jpg

• Like 1

It was definitely worth the travel!

Drove to Indianapolis for the eclipse and thankfully the sky was clear. Spent the day at the speedway. Tons of fun activities put on by Purdue and IMS. Our youngest loved the hands on projects and we got to geek out around some racecars. Both kids agreed it was worth sitting in the truck for two days driving there and back.