Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 7Litre convertible

yellowsportwagon

1 hour ago, DoctorLarry said:

What did you use for carpeting. The build looks great!

I use a thin piece of felt. I get a color close to my interior color then dunk it in the waterborne color I’m using for the interior. Squeeze out most of the paint and let dry overnight. The next day roll it up one way then the other to soften it back up again. Cut to desired shape and glue it in with CA.

7 hours ago, yellowsportwagon said:

I use a thin piece of felt. I get a color close to my interior color then dunk it in the waterborne color I’m using for the interior. Squeeze out most of the paint and let dry overnight. The next day roll it up one way then the other to soften it back up again. Cut to desired shape and glue it in with CA.

I have done that as well. Hobby Lobby has very thin felt squares that are 12x12 for less than a buck. I used that for a saddle interior. They have a bunch of colors but mostly things like black red and gray. Yours makes it near to the color of the seats.

43 minutes ago, DoctorLarry said:

I have done that as well. Hobby Lobby has very thin felt squares that are 12x12 for less than a buck. I used that for a saddle interior. They have a bunch of colors but mostly things like black red and gray. Yours makes it near to the color of the seats.

I do this all the time. I never can find flocking the colors I do my interiors.

Hi Tim, yet another gorgeous build. I can’t remember if you print your own wheels, or are they Zman pieces? Wheels and tires make a vehicle in my opinion, along with a killer stance, you have a knack for choosing the perfect wheels. Is the body colour a custom mix? I’m looking for something similar for an upcoming project.

Cheers, Steve