Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Dodge Charger rt

Simo5555

Charger has been one of my favorite cars since childhood. Maybe some day i can own an 1:1 car too.

Kit itself is from Revell. Definitely has its issues, but still a nice detailed kit. Was a fun build overall.
iy6VwdY.jpeg
W4C1fVQ.jpeg
ozOIh0R.jpeg
nvxQOiA.jpeg

• Like 16

Nice 68 there Simo, I only recently purchased this kit and look forward to building it. Yours looks great in black, and very shiny. Well done. 

Cheers, 

David. 😎👍

• Like 1

Well this Ole boy loves him some Mopar. Great job.

PS:  Check the rearview mirror for a suspicious Highland Green Mustang ....it won't be able to keep up!

Edited by satterwhite78
Added text
  • Like 1

Sure looks good to me!  I have this one in the stash and it is working its way up to the front of the queue. Can you comment on some of the problems I might encounter with this kit?

Thanks,

Andrew

6 hours ago, Andrew McD said:

Sure looks good to me!  I have this one in the stash and it is working its way up to the front of the queue. Can you comment on some of the problems I might encounter with this kit?

Thanks,

Andrew

Sure. Mostly fitment issues. Theres some moulding issues on the body too. I struggled to get the front end to look straight - somehow the front grille and bumper wants to tilt upwards. The undercarriage is a bit too long - so before glueing, it needs to come forward just a tiny bit. Front wheels are somewhat independent so getting them to stay at the same level was also quite annoying. Also the hood is bent - tried my best to get it straight, but still not perfect. So it takes a bit more work than regular kits.