Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 super bee pink with envy

iangilly

After seeing this barn find at last years MCACN show of this 1 of 1 pink 1969 super bee, I was chatting with the owner and he showed a few vintage pictures of the car as it was when new. I knew I had to build this odd car. Revell/ monogram kit was the base, revell 68 charger wheels and hubcaps, mpc coronet tires and harts parts resin for the hood and side scoops. Rustoluem pink was the base and then topped with 2k auto clear. Pretty happy with how it turned out and a nice change for this kit I've built a dozen times.

pink-1969-dodge-super-bee-is-a-mysterious-one-of-one-gem_1.jpg

2024-03-05_08-12-20.jpg

2024-03-05_08-12-24.jpg

2024-03-05_08-12-27.jpg

2024-03-05_08-12-33.jpg

2024-03-05_08-12-38.jpg

Edited by iangilly
Misspelling
  • Like 10

That is a great build but Chrysler's Panther Pink was only available in 1970 I always thought.  So this car was built in a pink in 1969?  I have never seen that.  Anyhow you did a great job and I do love the wsw tires.   

Great looking paint finish and body trim moldings. White walls seem a little odd, but if that was the way it was and you're doing a model of the original car than that is as it should be.  

10 hours ago, drodg said:

That is a great build but Chrysler's Panther Pink was only available in 1970 I always thought.  So this car was built in a pink in 1969?  I have never seen that.  Anyhow you did a great job and I do love the wsw tires.   

The owner said it was more of a pepto pink thank panther so I used the closest pink I had to that and I think it's pretty close.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking paint finish and body trim moldings. White walls seem a little odd, but if that was the way it was and you're doing a model of the original car than that is as it should be.  

Here old school pictures of the car, with the white walls and steel wheels, definitely and odd bird.

IMG_20240306_194354_097.jpg

IMG_20240306_194348_084.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/9/2024 at 6:40 PM, Duddly01 said:

Very nice tribute build. Hopefully the real one will get the same treatment. IMHO it is too far gone to keep as a survivor.

They do plan on restoring the car