Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Fendt modern Tractor

21 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

looking forward to this, looks like its going to be double the price of the old one though

It’ll be over double the size though. :)

Ben

• Like 1

6 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Super excited for the new tractor kit, I love the Easy Click kits.

I like them too, I'm just not so sure I like it $106 worth. One has to hope that's a misprint, even with 80 or so more parts than the "antique" Fendt that doesn't justify the 225% price increase - my LHS sells the earlier kit for less than $35.

7 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

I like them too, I'm just not so sure I like it $106 worth. One has to hope that's a misprint, even with 80 or so more parts than the "antique" Fendt that doesn't justify the 225% price increase - my LHS sells the earlier kit for less than $35.

You do understand the difference between the MSRP that a manufacturer puts out and what the item will sell for correct?   Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price generally means absolutely nothing unless a Brand requires sellers to use MAP Pricing which Revell does not.  You will have to wait for the kit to hit the shelves before you can complain about the price and determine if the price justifies your purchase.

1 hour ago, Model Builders Mafia said:

You do understand the difference between the MSRP that a manufacturer puts out and what the item will sell for correct?   Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price generally means absolutely nothing unless a Brand requires sellers to use MAP Pricing which Revell does not.  You will have to wait for the kit to hit the shelves before you can complain about the price and determine if the price justifies your purchase.

Saaaaaaay whaaaaaa? There's a difference? Noooooo waaaaaaaay. Alright I'm giving you a hard time because you're the new guy who decided to thud in here and try to explain the world.  I know it won't be $106 on the shelf but...

Pre-orders on this in Europe are running at $75 US, which doesn't account for shipping which would run around $15-20.  Don't count on it being any cheaper on the kit price itself in the U.S.  The current Revell business model no longer force ships RevellAG kits out to U.S. retailers, meaning hobby shops/online vendors have to specifically order in this stuff now.  There is an overall large increase on upcoming RevellAG kits in general in 2024, and this tractor isn't something that would get a North American re-box kit at normal Revell U.S. prices.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Yeah thats a bit much, for $106 thats a hard pass.

15 hours ago, 64Comet404 said:

I'll buy one to go along with my other tractors. It must be a bit of ancestry in me, because the majority of my family hasn't lived on a farm for over 80 years. Just something about them...

My grandparents had a cattle property (ranch?). I’ve got a few tractors in my collection too.

Ben

23 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

Another tractor brand I'm not familiar with.

I hope they'd consider a 1920s Fordson.

I don't revell had you in mind when they conceived this lol. They do sell Fendt tractors in the US tho. So this is good. 

11 hours ago, blubaja said:

I don't revell had you in mind when they conceived this lol. They do sell Fendt tractors in the US tho. So this is good. 

When I bought my tractor kit, I went to the local dealer to pick up a can of Fendt Green aerosol. It's all AGCO, so if you don't have a Fendt dealer, a MF dealer can get it for you as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 64Comet404 said:

When I bought my tractor kit, I went to the local dealer to pick up a can of Fendt Green aerosol. It's all AGCO, so if you don't have a Fendt dealer, a MF dealer can get it for you as well.

I know home depot has generic "close" tractor paint. But im not sure if they carry this green. But good tip, thanks! I know where my JD and New Holland dealers are. Don't know of any Massey or Case near. I'm sure it's online somewhere lol. 

18 hours ago, blubaja said:

I know home depot has generic "close" tractor paint. But im not sure if they carry this green. But good tip, thanks! I know where my JD and New Holland dealers are. Don't know of any Massey or Case near. I'm sure it's online somewhere lol. 

Many farm supply stores will have matching paint for different tractor brands. Also some rural hardware stores.

• Like 1

I bought several of Revell's other tractor kits, in hopes of encouraging them to do more. Now I hope they'll do a series of American tractors as some of them were either built or imported into Europe and the UK as well. I'd love to have a couple of Ford 9Ns!

• Like 1