Model Cars Magazine Forum

I have build a few of these but this one was real hurdle, a lot of parts were warped, frame chassis, box hood , I suspect the parts were removed too early, some of them were like yellowish. The camper is scratch built using mainly evergreen styrene and aluminum tubes for the ladder, I wanted to make this as an old beaten up camper fitted over a brand new truck. Definitely not my best work but, hey, win some , lose some, right?

Anyway here it is , warts and all. It took a lot of CA to hold all those warped parts and if that glue ever gives, this kit will pop in all directions. Warping aside, my main gripe with this kit is the headlight bezels, how could they get this so wrong? I guess there must be a reason for it. Anyway, Moebius has got it right more times than not ,so , fair enough. I'm just glad they did those beautiful kits. 

As usual, thanks for taking the time.

ford 1972 f 250 camper 04.jpg

ford 1972 f 250 camper 10.jpg

ford 1972 f 250 camper 11.jpg

ford 1972 f 250 camper 12.jpg

ford 1972 f 250 camper 13.jpg

ford 1972 f 250 camper 14.jpg

ford 1972 f 250 camper 15.jpg

• Like 12

Really like the subject matter and build.  The pickup camper was a very popular site across the country in the 60's and 70's. Very nice work on the camper, just the right size for a F 250. Color choice and 8 lug 16" wheels and tires look very sharp! Yes, many kits require more work than expected, but the results are worth it.

19 hours ago, Jim B said:

Great looking Ford.

thanks James.

17 hours ago, leafsprings said:

Really like the subject matter and build.  The pickup camper was a very popular site across the country in the 60's and 70's. Very nice work on the camper, just the right size for a F 250. Color choice and 8 lug 16" wheels and tires look very sharp! Yes, many kits require more work than expected, but the results are worth it.

Thanks Tommy. 

15 hours ago, Chuck Most said:

If it were a little more beat up looking it would resemble a real one that used to lurk around my area. 

Thanks Chuck. Yes , you would see a lot of these back then in camping parks.

13 hours ago, shoopdog said:

Excellent work you’ve done here!

Thanks Keith.

13 hours ago, Lunajammer said:

Yup, pretty much the hunter's Ramada back in the 70's. Love the nostalgia here. Looks good to me Chuck.

Thanks Mike.

7 hours ago, Darbo said:

Looks fantastic!

Thanks Andrew.

6 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

Thanks Chris.

4 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

That's beautiful! I love the Moebius trucks. I'm really excited about the upcoming wrecker and Mercury truck kits.

Thanks Jeff. Looking forward to build those.

4 hours ago, slusher said:

Looks fantastic!

Thanks Carl.

2 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Some very fine model building. That truck is beautiful, especially like the color. BTW, what is the color? Your work on that camper is exceptional, really looks the part.

Thanks Ricky. The paint is bright red Tamiya (TS-49)

2 hours ago, o-man said:

Whatever warts you had, you made a great looking vehicle

Thank you Oscar, Moebius kits go very well together but because there were so many warped parts, it complicated the process but in all it turned out ok.

1 hour ago, Volzfan59 said:

This is a great looking rig! Like @TarheelRick asked, what paint did you use? That red jumps off the screen. Your camper is amazing, did you model it off of a real one?

Thank you Steve, The color is Tamiya bright red TS-49. The camper was done from mostly photos from the web and a very nice side drawing  which I blew up to 1/25 scale for reference.

1 hour ago, Matt T. said:

Awesome build! Love it.

Thanks Matthew.

Oh this one is awesome! I love it. Really looks the part and that camper is great.

Be sure to add it to the “Post your RVs here” topic just a few below this one.

Edited by vincen47
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful looking paint finish and color. The chrome body trim all looks great. The Camper looks like it could have been a kit part, and the latter and trim look realistic. 

• Thanks 1

Great job on this one!  Love the subject and the realism.  An excellent time capsule of better times!  I haven't had the problems with warpage as of yet but have only built 2 of these 67-72 kits so far...I have many more on the "to do" list and will keep my fingers crossed I don't have the issues so common with these kits.  Thankfully the pain and suffering of great modelers such as yourself have given myself and others hope that even with warpage, great results can be had with a little patience!

• Thanks 1

Nicely done! Stance and color are great. As for that grill, let's hope they take time to improve it for the new Mercury they're bringing out.

I'm sure the chevy truck guys don't want to see a mess like that on the new issue 67/68 🤣

• Thanks 1