Model Cars Magazine Forum

Young modeler from Houston

Hello this is my first model forum and i'm very excited to talk to other people about models. I build 1/24 and 1/25 scale and I don't have a specific genre but I do enjoy building street cars and drag cars of all eras 50's all the way to modern cars. I am trying to learn how to involve more detail into the model without spending a lot of money. I want to meet people and hopefully go to some model shows in houston if there are any. Hoping to use this to learn what other modelers do to make show quality models. 

Welcome to the forum Zach. There are certainly a lot of very knowledgeable and talented folks here that are willing to help with any questions you may have. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.🙂

• Like 1

Welcome, Zach.

Just so happens, there is a model show in the Houston area next weekend (May 4). IPMS/Houston Modelmania will be held at the Stafford Centre in Stafford, TX. More info can be found at IPMS-HoustonTX.org.
The club meets for regular meetings at 7:00 PM on the second Tuesday of every month at the Tracy Gee Center in Houston (near the West Belt & Richmond).

There will also be a model car show in Seabrook, TX, on July 27. The Space City Shootout is put on by the Houston Automotive Modelers Society (HAMS). The HAMS facebook group page has more info.
HAMS also has meetings at Tracy Gee, but at 7:00 PM on the second Friday of each month.

• Like 1

Welcome, Zach to the forum. Mike told you about the two shows in Houston coming up, but if you want to travel east we have a show in Sulphur Louisiana on May 18th. its only 22 miles across state line. message me for further details.

• Like 1