Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Iron Butterfly

Posted (edited)

I did this as an in-between'er build while I'm waiting for some stuff for the Sox & Martin Comet build, Ted Spehar's Iron Butterfly 64 Dodge 330 with Dick Oldfield driving .The car wasn't a factory Hemi car,,in fact it was Ted's wife's car ,with a Slant Six! Ted built the car in 2 weeks in 1969 and only ran the car in 69 running in SS/CA . The car made headlines at the U.S. Nationals when the Torqueflite detonated while doing a neutral start. The explosion virtually lifted the entire car off the ground.  I believe the car's best run was at the World Finals where Dick was runner up to Sox & Martin.I built this car from an old parted out Lindberg kit and a Hemi and wheels from a Moebius kit .The decals are from SMP ,Holley 3116 carbs are from Fireball  ,headers are from the plumbing dept.,,solder division 🙂image.png.70061040b7b13dd413cc5f9cdf880ba9.pngimage.png.8fc7d6afc610634b39778332db31de7c.png

butterfly1.jpeg

butterfly2.jpeg

butterfly3.jpeg

butterfly4.jpeg

butterfly5.jpeg

butterfly6.jpeg

butterfly7.jpeg

butterfly8.jpeg

butterfly9.jpeg

Edited by Scott Eriksen
  • Like 10