Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shizuoka Hobby Show 2024

Posted (edited)

It is that time of the year ,( rubbing hands together in an exciting motion),   so far, everything being shown has already been announced, but for a few of them , getting our first look.  

Lets start with Aoshima, on display is the street version Delorean( as seen in the other thread), the new GR86 kits( based on the original Toyota 86 tooling) two version being offered, stock and with custom wheel, and their snap kit 1/24th 2000GTR Skyline, will be offered in different colors

Aoshlj1.jpg

aoshlj2.jpg

aoshlj3.jpg

aoshlj5.jpg

aoshlj4.jpg

aoshlj9.jpg

aoshlj10.jpg

aoshlj9.jpg

Edited by martinfan5
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hasegawa /Tamiya

On display, Nissan Silvia (S110) Early Model HT 2000ZSE-X (1979), Third KITZ Toyota 92C-V 1992 Le Mans, Nissan Fairlady Z (Z32) 300ZX 2 by 2 (1993)

And then from Tamiya, the new Street Custom Zed

hashlj3.jpg

hashlj4.jpg

hashlj2.jpg

hashlj1.jpg

tamuk1.jpg

• Like 10

So stoked for this stock DeLorean; for years and years I was tempted to un-BTTF kits I saw, but so glad I held out for the real deal. Thank you Aoshima.

Great to see the Silvia S110 done by Hasegawa! Now for the uglybug S10 to be offered by somebody.....

Any shots of the sprues for the Tamiya  240Z? Interesting to know what options there might be with it, like a standard front end without spoiler?

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Great to see the Silvia S110 done by Hasegawa! Now for the uglybug S10 to be offered by somebody.....

Any shots of the sprues for the Tamiya  240Z? Interesting to know what options there might be with it, like a standard front end without spoiler?

The parts being shown at the show are the same ones shown in the earlier thread posted here. They did not include the entire kit.

FB_IMG_1715239584908.jpg.33dc8e98189acd7ae2bb4caefe715e10.jpg

FB_IMG_1715239588951.jpg.3fe6389e9481dac6e89424bb492afa26.jpg

Edited by niteowl7710
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

I put a post up in car reviews that shows spru shots. As above, just saw it then 😂 

Ben

Edited by Bennyg
Extra text

6 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Well I mean there's a 1/20 AND 1/28 version of the S10, what more could one want? Actually they can do a new S12 too while there at so those nearly as old Aoshima & Fujimi tools can be buried in the doldrums of motorized history.

1 hour ago, gasman said:

Im disappointed too see Aoshima GR-86 is LHD only. 

*RHD

Yeah I think Aoshima is really missing the boat there, aside from an optional wheel kit, and a series of decal revised offerings from the manga SF Ghost, there's nothing that makes their kit any different that the Tamiya kit that's been around for almost 2 years now. Unless it's coming later not doing an Export Version is a hot pile of disappointment considering the first gen 86 was so export specific there was a Europe specific 86GT and North America specific Scion in the box.

Aoshima once again has their new line of 180SX kits on display. Billed as a 1996 Type X the black one will be the "Option Wheel" version which is sporting a set of wheels from an R33 GT-R. Gimmicks in the kit include the open/closed headlights and normal/low-down ride heights. 

GNCVAIRa8AARD6b.jpeg

GNBiSz8b0AAF_U-.jpeg

NuNu is back with a test shot of their upcoming BMW M4 GT3 after showing rapid prototypes the past two shows. Also showing parts for the long promised 2018 911RSR GTE kit which should finally be released this summer.

GNCHWYLaMAARiDI.jpeg.5b5670936579c5715e75f6bac4147217.jpeg

GNCpni_bwAE0rj2.jpeg.71bdcac6c702aaae9e06a285d16488e2.jpeg

GNCpni8bgAEW1_J.jpeg.98f02076f39d34c235a14eed5e2f1a9e.jpeg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

It is that time of the year ,( rubbing hands together in an exciting motion),   so far, everything being shown has already been announced, but for a few of them , getting our first look.  

Lets start with Aoshima, on display is the street version Delorean( as seen in the other thread), the new GR86 kits( based on the original Toyota 86 tooling) two version being offered, stock and with custom wheel, and their snap kit 1/24th 2000GTR Skyline, will be offered in different colors

All three of these Aoshima kits are going to be VERY popular.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Well, it does say "Aluminum Stickers", so.... 🙂

Well then, I wouldn't use  it for window trim (like they demonstrated), as those on 1:1 cars are more "chromey" looking.

15 hours ago, peteski said:

Well then, I wouldn't use  it for window trim (like they demonstrated), as those on 1:1 cars are more "chromey" looking.

Well, considering that we originally started using Testors Silver, then graduated to Bare Metal Foil, and most now use Sharpie Silver Pens or Molotov Pens, this is a good option. And most, if not all, window trim was stainless steel, not chrome. And it does look shiny enough in that test pic. 

And given that it is Tamiya, the quality issues experienced with Bare Metal are most likely not there. I am sure Tamiya will eventually expand it to shinier material as time goes on. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

And given that it is Tamiya, the quality issues experienced with Bare Metal are most likely not there. I am sure Tamiya will eventually expand it to shinier material as time goes on. 

I'm quite familiar with quality of Tamiya products, and myself a big fan.

Sure, good to have yet another option for adhesive foil, but to me the BMF "chrome" is  without equals in its pliability. I have tried multiple brnads of similar foils, and read and participated in foil reviews here. The problems with BMF (which seemed to correspond with the COVID-19 craziness which affected ever facet of out lives) seem to have been resolved.   For some time now BMF has been back to its original quality.

3 hours ago, peteski said:

I'm quite familiar with quality of Tamiya products, and myself a big fan.

Sure, good to have yet another option for adhesive foil, but to me the BMF "chrome" is  without equals in its pliability. I have tried multiple brnads of similar foils, and read and participated in foil reviews here. The problems with BMF (which seemed to correspond with the COVID-19 craziness which affected ever facet of out lives) seem to have been resolved.   For some time now BMF has been back to its original quality.

That's been my experience as well, Pete.   TB