Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

A couple of accidents

58 minutes ago, slusher said:

Guys went to the hospital Saturday and I have 3 broken ribs and I had blood in my right.  My lung is better I was sent to Vanderbilt at outside Nashville, I could’ve if I needed surgery.  I am sore and infor 4 to 6 weeks of discomfort.  I came home late last night. Thank you dear friends.

Glad you’re doing better and on the mend. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, slusher said:

Guys went to the hospital Saturday and I have 3 broken ribs and I had blood in my right.  My lung is better I was sent to Vanderbilt at outside Nashville, I could’ve if I needed surgery.  I am sore and infor 4 to 6 weeks of discomfort.  I came home late last night. Thank you dear friends.

Broke a few ribs as a young man bailing off of a motorcycle. Not even injured as bad as this and I still remember how miserable I was then, so I can't even imagine what you must be going through. Get well and be safe. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2024 at 9:11 AM, slusher said:

So sorry to read this Carl. Healthy prayers sent your way.

• Thanks 1

Carl.. As all here have said I'm glad you made the decision to go to get checked out. Falls at our age, not saying we are old..Lol, can be very concerning. Sorry that you'll have soreness and discomfort for such a period of time so take it easy and rest up buddy and please keep us informed.. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery..

Mike 

• Thanks 1

At our age, falling is a big deal. Glad you got looked at. Speaking from experience, rib injuries do not heal well on their own. I'm sorry you're in such discomfort. I hope you heal well, and quickly.

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2024 at 7:13 AM, bobss396 said:

I have been gimping around with a knee injury... not fun and we heal slower with age. Be careful out there.

So true Bob, I had been thinking about them healing slower and they are killing me today..

10 hours ago, slusher said:

So true Bob, I had been thinking about them healing slower and they are killing me today..

I'm a hot mess today. Been working on my new '66 Belair by myself. My right knee is a white hot pain source... my lower back is a close 2nd. I will rest tomorrow. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, bobss396 said:

I'm a hot mess today. Been working on my new '66 Belair by myself. My right knee is a white hot pain source... my lower back is a close 2nd. I will rest tomorrow. 

Do suspension work on your hands and knees can and will kick your butt. I have an old pair of knee pads that I got at Home Depot when I was doing some flooring jobs in the house. I use them every time I'm pulling weeds in the flower beds or any time I have to get down on my hands and knees. They are well worth the investment.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

David, if get down I use a stool too raise up and sit on a stool wait then get up. My right side is like I have had a stroke.  So I never get down unless I have fallen. My right arm is weak but I can use my had some. My leg is weak but I have ner given up walking. I am a blessed man and never let it get me down.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, espo said:

Do suspension work on your hands and knees can and will kick your butt. I have an old pair of knee pads that I got at Home Depot when I was doing some flooring jobs in the house. I use them every time I'm pulling weeds in the flower beds or any time I have to get down on my hands and knees. They are well worth the investment.  

I got some very dense foam pads from work, thicker than gardening pads and they hold up. That follows me everywhere. I just took a muscle relaxer and an oxy. I'm not doing much today on the car. I'm having the last 2 tires mounted and have to get some brake parts.

7 hours ago, slusher said:

David, if get down I use a stool too raise up and sit on a stool wait then get up. My right side is like I have had a stroke.  So I never get down unless I have fallen. My right arm is weak but I can use my had some. My leg is weak but I have ner given up walking. I am a blessed man and never let it get me down.

I have a gardening bench that I now use all the time. I can sit on it, rest a drink on it, lay tools on it. I use it also to get up off the ground. Or I grab a car bumper (old cars only...). I picked up a little work platform from HF. that is quite handy and helps me out.

I'm just totally beat up from getting the yard and pool together. The new '66 Chevy pushed me over the edge. Other than that I'm in good shape and stay active as possible.