Model Cars Magazine Forum

A couple of accidents

Guys i had a bad fall Monday and landed sideways and hurt my ribs.  Tuesday morning I  fell again landed on the same place. I have fell 8 times I two weeks.  I don’t think I broke my ribs so l have not been to my doctor. I am in pain.  I may not be around much tonight was tuff.  Want my friends to know.. Slusher

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that Carl, I know ms is pretty tough to deal with. My sister has it too but she has the version that ight not put her in a wheelchair, possibly called remitting ms.When she was taking tumbles she tried more  grippy shoes and it seemed to help her but the changes in weather also seem to affect her balance when it goes from cold to warm and vice versa. If you like i can put you in contact with her as she runs a support group for ms sufferers so might be able to give advice too. i think its a facebook group

• Thanks 1

Once you turn 65, every doctor asks: Have you fallen in the past year? Of course I lie like a rug....

I'm nursing a knee injury right now, I'll be going slow today and will ice it up. Raining here, a good excuse to do some model work and curl up with the cat. I have been on a tear with yard, garden and pool work. 

Feel better!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Carl, I hate going to the doctor too but some times it is the safest thing to do.

I would hate to think that bruised or cracked ribs would lead to you getting  pneumonia which at our age can be life threatening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that Carl. Please get checked out by a doctor, falls can lead to more serious problems later on.

I have a dear friend who is in the later stages of Type 2 Progressive MS and falls are a major concern for people who endure this disease.

Please consider seeing a doctor Carl.

Take care and be safe my friend.

David G.

• Thanks 1

You might want to strongly consider seeing a doctor Carl.  Falling is not a good thing. 

I have a sleepover at the pulminary doctor tonight for my sleep apnea.  It appears I'll be getting a mask to wear.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear of this! Definitely, go get yourself checked out. I realized that once in my 60's, I started to lose my balance more often. Haven't gone down yet, but I feel it's only a matter of time. That's why I now carry my phone with me 24/7. Living out here in the woods, it could be a long time before someone was to find me!

Ahhhh..........but we need to lighten up the moment a little. Was just remembering doing those drills in college football.......where you would quickly "high step" through the two long rows of tires. Imagine getting a bunch of us ol' timers to try that today!!!

• Thanks 1

Carl,

8 times!!!! Why didn't you go to the Emergency Room? Once you explained what you are experiencing, they would run all of the necessary tests to figure out why you are falling. You can still go it is not too late. 

Best of luck

Mike

• Thanks 1

Should definitely see your Doctor and or Cardiologist ASAP. Any changes in your equilibrium can indicate some serious health problems. Cracked or even broken ribs can be beyond painful and make it hard to breath. Please be safe and take care of yourself. We only get one shot at life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As others have said, get to the doctor and get yourself checked out! Prayers for a speedy recovery and hope to see you back to posting soon!!

• Thanks 1

Very sorry to hear this Carl. Ribs are a very painful place to have an injury. I hope you have seen a doctor and are on the mend my friend. Take good care.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Guys went to the hospital Saturday and I have 3 broken ribs and I had blood in my right.  My lung is better I was sent to Vanderbilt at outside Nashville, I could’ve if I needed surgery.  I am sore and infor 4 to 6 weeks of discomfort.  I came home late last night. Thank you dear friends.

• Like 4