Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1937 Chevy "Salt Shaker"

According to my contact at Round 2, the Salt Shaker parts were retooled for this new release.  And yes, there was a dropped axle in the original kit; presumably in this one too, especially after looking at Casey's screen shot directly above.   

TIM  

2 hours ago, junkyardjeff said:

Never knew this kit was made.

One issue only in ?’78. Never saw them on shelves then. Were in catalog. 37 Cabrio nor coupe had dropped front. Gasser front end or stock. Sister kit Salty Dog 53 Stude. Nice box art builds. 

And look at that new Decal Sheet! Huge improvement.

Boy, when they want to, Round2 has the best Decals in the business nowadays.

(I just wish the Recent Yellow Molded, International Scout Kit, had gotten something better than the 'Meh' sheet it got) 

I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up yet...but with this issue still including all of the "other" parts, it will be possible to build other Bonneville versions including other classes of cars with front fenders and/or the six cylinder engine.

My original Salt Shaker first owned and built by my uncle in the late 70's then my cousin (his son) got a hold of it and hot knifed the doors and trunk off it😡🤬😫... I got it about 25 years later but I didn't have any interest in restoring it, also a fellow club member really liked it so I passed it along to him. Glad it's coming back!

10-09-12--4-1f8f34fafffe0cc4.jpeg

10-24-12--8-605ba1fa01d25dbc.jpeg

• 1 month later...