Model Cars Magazine Forum

'60 Merc Mild Kruizer

RodBurNeR

This is about as mild as they come I think. I wanted to "restore" the old beast, so that's what I tried to do. I did shave all scripts and crests and the tail lights just happened to be the kustom ones from the kit. It has 58-59 Cadillac spoke wheels with bullet centers and a tuck steering wheel cover. It's pretty mild, but I am happy to have it done! Enjoy!

100_8539-vi.jpg

100_2017-vi.jpg

100_2022-vi.jpg

100_2037-vi.jpg

100_2028-vi.jpg

100_2032-vi.jpg

I couldn't agree more with the others....NICE SAVE! :D

What a beautiful car. Sure looks better than it did. B)

I must agree with fordh8r... despite the fact he may have the worst screen name ever! ;)

That came out beautiful, Bob!

(Naturally, I'm kidding with you h8r!)

Humbled is about the best I can describe it.....you guys make me feel great! Thank you all for the compliments, I didn't realize it was going to be liked this well!

You MUST be joking Bob! :rolleyes: That is a transformation that rivals nature's caterpillar to butterfly one! Who would have known there was such beauty lurking in that junker! Great job man!

You MUST be joking Bob! B) That is a transformation that rivals nature's caterpillar to butterfly one! Who would have known there was such beauty lurking in that junker! Great job man!

Well thank you! I really didn't think that much of it though. I love to rebuild old models, but to me this was kinda plain..like I wanted to put lake pipes on it, but said heck with that and since it's a convertible I felt I should have put something on the seats like the "reel to reel" a friend sent to me..which I might still do. I was humbled because I posted in the early AM and didn't check back until about noon...I was surprised that so many responses came! I posted on a few forums so it was overwhelming :P

• 4 weeks later...