Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

Here is my bench on 12-11. JGTC cars in the works. Also a Corvette project I may start if I find the inspiration.

12121853.jpg

The body is a kit a found at this one store, cant remember which, it is missing the glass and graphics, so it was on sale for two dollars. The other stuff is from the corvette C5R that got chewed on by my dog, I dont know how but it happened. I might make it somewhat of a touring car.

12121913.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

First update of 2011!

I decided to take advantage of the warm weather and blow a coat of primer on the AMT '69 Olds 4-4-2 I'm working on.

Notice the snow as a contrast to the roughly fifty-degree weather.

230.jpg

I'm not sure what the primer is (lacquer or enamel,) but I'm not worried as I'll simply be top-coating it with Testors black enamel.

Charlie Larkin

Finally! After six months with no place and no time to build, I finally got my work area set up and got a few hours in. It's not quite as roomy as my last space, but it will do fine.

So far I laid some Alclad on wire wheels for an update to an older project and made a throttle pedal assembly for the current project.

Scott

wokrbench2011-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Here is what I have been working on, A 77 Monaco in Light Moca Tan , With a 318 3-Speed I have the before and after shots for this one,As this is a $4 Built up that I stripped and had some body work to do, And here is the list of parts i'm using, the body and interior from the original car , the Chassis is from the red car in the first picture , And the 318 is the 340 out of the AMT 71 Duster kit, I have alot of work to do on the car still. The stock wheels are another set I bought from Missing Link on E-Bay,modelsnovember.jpgtanDodge3.jpgtanDodge2.jpgtanDodge4.jpgtanDodge5.jpgtanDodge.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

First time posting. Trying to get out of a 6 year modeling dry spell.

I couldn't wait for my HobbyLinc shipment to arrive, so I've been stocking up on supplies and killing time with different builds. A Gundam kit that a buddy got me. And now a 1:12 Revell Chopper.

I hope no one minds if I pull out this thread again. Forgive me if I screw this up.

DSC_0111.jpg

The workbench/desk at the moment.

DSC_0091.jpg

Sorting through some wheels. Luckily I didn't get rid of any of this stuff.

DSC_0098.jpg

The O. The tolerancing on these things is surprisingly tight. No glue necessary.

DSC_0100.jpg

Just grabbed this today at a new local spot I found. No more treks back to the home town.

Pulling in the rake of the front forks. I'm not a big measuring fan, so we'll see how this goes before I start chopping up a couple '32 Fords.

This is my Saturday Night setup.....my dining room table! I use one of the large self-healing mats, and do most of my detail work right there where it's nice, comfy, and clean, and I can interact with the wife and kids. All of the dirty work is done in my backyard shop, where I have a Pace paintbooth and a large very well-lit workbench. That's nice when I want to be left alone. :)

Here's my latest project on the dining room table, a Revell '65 Chevelle.....

Mike

IMG_0761.jpg

Just one of the many deserving candidates for some attention,

57 chevy 150 in cream and hosta green with a little something something under the hood.

572-vi.jpg

573-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

heres the rest of the gang that may recive some attention today

11lineup2-vi.jpg

Edited by Jim0205

I love this thread! Its interesting to see the different variety of workspaces we all use. I do the majority of my building on the desk that is in a bedroom dubbed as my 'Office' - iroinically I work from home, so it actually is a fully functioning office, including toys.

Here is a look at mine as it sits right now;

IMG_3455.jpg

Yes, thats my dog on the desk. Her "spot" is on a dirty t-shirt next to my laptop. She goes mental if A: I don't pick her up, and B: "her" dirty t-shirt is missing, haha. Coolest dog ever.

Working on my Challenger build;

IMG_3456.jpg

I can't have a bunch of projects going at once, and I definately can't have them all out at the same time, I'd never get anything done! This is pretty messy for me, I really need to clean up the shelf that my PC monitor is on, along with all the other shelfs in here, haha. I generally keep supplies that I use a lot and the kit (or 2) that I'm working on on the shelf to my right, casting stuff and molds on the shelf to my left, and kits that are for trade, eBay stuff, or just my "collection" in the closet. That closet is a total nightmare right now, no organization at all.

Here is a project I pulled out over the weekend, I started 5 years ago, The Malibu Hood was mastered by me, And I had R&R make me 6 copys of them, The paint is the factory light gold ,with the silver accent at the bottom, I used no clear on the paint, It is hand rubbed automotive lacquer, Shot through an airbrush.malibu.jpgmalibu2.jpgmalibu3.jpgmalibu4.jpg

I pulled this one out today also, It's going to be a 69 Chevelle 300, The resin body is a Shawn Carpenter peice, The hood is the same as the one on the Light gold one I have in my last post.69malibu300.jpg69malibu3002.jpg69malibu3003.jpg69malibu3004.jpg I'll be using the MCG Photoetch Set for the emblems on both of the cars.

Steve those Malibu's/Chevelle 300's are Beauty's, what color do you have planned for the 300? Wheels?

Nick

I was thinking LeMans Blue Or the Light Metallic Blue they used in '69 for the Chevelle 300, Wheels and Tires, I'd love to find the C.O.P.O Style ones that came on the Camaros , And Novas.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I posted on this thread. I re-worked my model area and am still not done. I actually can't stand if things are out of place. My main car at the moment is "Christine" Here you see her with the drivers side on a jack to do BMF. Somehow I got in a mood of Chevy trucks so she has a lot of company tonight.

DSC09931.jpg

DSC09932.jpg

DSC09933.jpg

At least someone has the chance to be at the workbench! :lol: I've been fighting trying to save important files off my main computer after someone decided to hack my Hotmail account and send an email from it with a virus, which I accidentally clicked on while trying to find out who got the email so I could warn them it wasn't from me! :lol: Stupid hackers, thanks for making my life horrible! :D At least I've been able to get the main computer to work long enough to get my pics and reference materials to an external hard drive before I take it to my friend's to have it competely restarted.

Pulled this one out with the intentions of finally getting it done this week... I finally got the handle bars I needed in a trade with Badgass and can now finish it up... :lol: Thanks for the nice kit Gass will trade with you again...

Also in this are my Hemi Dart project and a slight glimpse of the Greenwood Vette project. :D

394890167.jpg