Model Cars Magazine Forum

Air-Trax - Resin Kits of many British and German Cars

Your always been a teaser Tapani!

I have some pictures here: http://public.fotki.com/bugace/plastic-modelbuilding/model-kit-companies/air-trax-1/

Sorry too say I have yet too picture all theire kits. Some of these I have my self, but far from all.

I will just add one thing here. Tapani is one great guy, and if You order, You will get Your model. I have helped builders in the US, and Oceania getting Air-Trax kits. If You have Paypal, it is very easy.

What Tapani doesn't tell all is that he like cars from before 1962. If he does the Ghia T3, he suprices me, but he have done some others beeing newer models as well.

Now Tapani, I need a Cortina SW. I'm not in need of wheels'n tires, or seats. How much do You ask then?

The Typ 34 Karmann Ghia was introduced in 1961, soooo....

Tor Henning, du skall skriva mig e-post, I'll make you a great offer, min venn!

just emailed them after i saw this post and alas the "Type 3 VW" is a notchback,not the type 3 ghia.

too bad but they sent me a pdf of their catalogue so i am sure i will get interested in something else...but boy do i wish they offered the euro ghia body style.

post-3106-12838074867911_thumb.jpg

>WIll need a Tamiya Typ 1 Karmann Ghia for donor.

kool! you mean like this one i have had in progress for awhile:

bodyonframefrompassenge.jpg

finishedinenginecompart.jpg

nicemotorinchassisbotto.jpg

(man this photo does no favors to the model. i should have made some little tubes of aluminum

to replace those from the kit that have those nasty nicks caused from them being mounted to the

sprue there (!! grr !!), and those sink marks along the rear of the motor apron i thought would

be hidden by the muffler...well :unsure: and the seam in the motor cylinders continues to

provoke winces)

cant wait for the type 3, though that combo above is going in the type 1 ghia body shown, its sure tempting to wait for your resin to finish it with instead though.

• 4 weeks later...

thank you david, but to be truthful, most of the detail is out of box with the fujimi enthusiasts model that motor came from. just took a bit of a black wash to bring it out and some detail painting. it actually looks better now, i noticed quite a few little problems in the photos and went back and cleaned it up a bit more.

Edited by jbwelda

• 3 weeks later...

just got word from tapani that work is progressing on the type 3 karmann ghia, in fact it sounds like it is on the verge of being offered to the public!

he sent some photos of the master he is making for me to post here. looks killer from my vantage!

typ342.jpg

typ341.jpg

here is what he said about the master:

I have attached Tamiya KG bumpers, but am still going to make the KG34 bumpers for the kit. The body casting is rather thin, so the builder can cut open the engine cover and add the detail seen under it. I will also make the dash board and cast the door/rear panels whose master parts you see inside the model in the photos.

price should be 45 euros and will fit the tamiya karmann ghia.

from what ive seen in real life, the interior have seats much like a porsche 356, and the enthusiasts fujimi 356 has excellent ones.

Edited by jbwelda

• 11 months later...

Yes, those are incredible. Juha's models don't look so good in pictures, when you see them live, they are truly amazing. There are so much little details that every time watching the build, you find new ones. And those bottles where is bit water, water is painted there and it looks very realistic.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Are they still in business? Does anybody know of a current way to contact AirTrax? I have been leaving e-mails and pm's all over the internet to no avail.

I am looking for a Volvo P1800 coupe and some Ferrari kits. If anyone has one available, please contact me.

Edited by wisdonm

Yes they are. Have you tried to contact Email adress raurata@yahoo.com?

It should work just fine, Tapani is very nice guy to deal with.

Bodies are excellent quality too, even if they might be a little pricey, but totally worth it, IMO.

I have Tapani's P1800 and can vouch for how nice it is. Just some minor cleanup as the following pics will show, but there are some pieces that you'll have to supply on your own such as the rear diff, and front suspension. You'll have to fashion your own glass as well.

P6212337-vi.jpg

P6212339-vi.jpg

You can view the rest of my pics here. One downside was the high price due to the dollar vs. the Euro, but for me it was worth it.

My kit is NOT for sale however as I'd like to replicate a '65 1:1 I once owned years ago. ;)

Are these items 1/24th scale? I must have the P1800 ES, Amazon and SAAB!!!!

Yes.

These are really nice, I have few what are damaged while molding process, they were very cheap to get. Even they are very good quality. Even if the price may sound high, those are really worth buying.

I wrote up a review of their Volvo P1800 for MCM, not published yet, but it is NICELY mastered, even though their casting techniques are not up to, say, Modelhaus standards. They are, though, still in business.

Art

Out of interest, will this be available to read online later on*? I'm in the middle of building this model at the moment (my first resin kit - I also have both their Amazon / 122S & Jag Mk10 kits in my to-build pile) & would be interested to know how it compares to other makers

*I would subscribe if there was a digital subscription option.

Also, for reference info on the 1800 & Amazon, I can highly recommend these two websites:

http://volvo1800pictures.com/

http://www.volvoamazonpictures.se/